IGNORED

Goals from open play

JoeAman08

Didn't see our goal tonight so I am not sure how we scored it but we only have about 3 or 4 goals from open play since SC was sacked. Our form has gotten better but have we? How do we solve this problem? A lack of goals will be our biggest problem going forward.

Do we drop Pack and go Kodjia and Agard/Wilbs up front with Tomlin behind? What is the solution to our problem? Midfield hasn't scored all year so thinking they'll chip in the last 10 games seems a silly idea. 

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Didn't see our goal tonight so I am not sure how we scored it but we only have about 3 or 4 goals from open play since SC was sacked. Our form has gotten better but have we? How do we solve this problem? A lack of goals will be our biggest problem going forward.

Do we drop Pack and go Kodjia and Agard/Wilbs up front with Tomlin behind? What is the solution to our problem? Midfield hasn't scored all year so thinking they'll chip in the last 10 games seems a silly idea. 

Do you get more if it is scored from open play? Is their some rule against scoring your goals from set pieces?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Do you get more if it is scored from open play? Is their some rule against scoring your goals from set pieces?

No but if we are hoping set pieces can keep us up then we are doomed. Especially if you defend them as badly as we do. 

13 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Why in the world would we drop Pack?

The problem is we have no players with final ball quality. Tomlin and Freeman nowhere near good enough with the final pass. No wonder Kodj doesn't pass it once he gets it, he doesn't know when he's next going to touch the ball.

Wilbs doesn't deserve a shirt let alone minutes. 

For me we have to move the ball quicker, our build up play is so slow, it's easy for teams to defend 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

From what I gather on here, if LJ was in charge, then the win isn't credited to him, but all defeats are, and if we are struggling, then goals from set pieces don't count

It's been a worry of mine for a while. We're heavily reliant on set pieces. Kodjia gets a lot of unwarranted stick for missing chances, but those chances are usually ones he creates himself after beating 2 or 3 people because the rest of the team lack creativity. 

On 3/8/2016 at 23:18, JoeAman08 said:

Goal from open play and by a midfield player, must have been your thread that started the ball rolling Joe. :)

58 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Goal from open play and by a midfield player, must have been your thread that started the ball rolling Joe. :)

And as someone else said in another post, 2 from outside the box!! I won't take credit but I was absolutely thrilled with our midfield contribution today(second half especially). Still only the one from open play yesterday though(tongue in cheek). What a day though. Great effort from the fans and the boys. 

Archived