IGNORED

It's all my fault - sorry

SecretSam

It's all my fault

A few seasons back, under Johnson snr, I kept turning on the radio or looking on the internet with a few minutes to go, and we'd invariably let in a goal and give away points

Went on the 'net last night to look up the score, 1-1 at 90+2, then refreshed....

Sorry all

At 1-1 I had the BBC match page up on my iPad but (and I know that this is tragic) after the City equaliser I had covered over the City half of the score with a book, so I could only see the Wolves score and scorers.  The theory behind this was that as long as Wolves score remained 1 then at the final whistle I would be able to take the book away and discover that City had scored more than 1.  Imagine my state of mind when the Wolves score increased to 2, just as I was expecting it to go yellow on the final whistle, and uncovering the City scored revealed the dismal truth.  Is it just me that does things like this?

I was there last night, and we were saying going into the last 5 mins, that a draw was a good result, especially with other results as they were.  We then heard Rotherham had gone one up, and the bloke two along from me said "do you still think it's a good point"....I was still happy.  But the late goal was a killer.  Had Rotherham not won, a defeat wouldn't have seemed anywhere near as bad.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

At 1-1 I had the BBC match page up on my iPad but (and I know that this is tragic) after the City equaliser I had covered over the City half of the score with a book, so I could only see the Wolves score and scorers.  The theory behind this was that as long as Wolves score remained 1 then at the final whistle I would be able to take the book away and discover that City had scored more than 1.  Imagine my state of mind when the Wolves score increased to 2, just as I was expecting it to go yellow on the final whistle, and uncovering the City scored revealed the dismal truth.  Is it just me that does things like this?

Yeah probably, .....you mentalist!!! ;)

only jokin' :)

It's my fault.

If I had cashed out at 1-1, I would have won my bet and Wolves wouldn't have scored

I didn't cash out, I was being greedy and hanging on for a few pennies more, 3 minutes into added time.     So Wolves were bound to score, and I lose my bet.

I should have known!

Sorry.

1 hour ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Hopefully we don't go down the same path that we ended up following the last time we lost 2-1 to Wolves in the Championship.

i shall make sure i don't blink anymore, pegs on the eyelids from now on it is then.

10 hours ago, SecretSam said:

It's all my fault

A few seasons back, under Johnson snr, I kept turning on the radio or looking on the internet with a few minutes to go, and we'd invariably let in a goal and give away points

Went on the 'net last night to look up the score, 1-1 at 90+2, then refreshed....

Sorry all

You knob.

11 hours ago, SecretSam said:

It's all my fault

Sorry all

Ah good , scapegoat. Thought it was me, every time I've had the radio on in the back room lost. While front room win/draw. Glad mine was coincidence and you were to blame :ph34r:

13 hours ago, SecretSam said:

It's all my fault

Sorry all

You're not alone! I did this, too. This could probably be the normal reaction about the game.

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only pathologically superstitious fool who thinks he can jinx the team with his behaviour

I shall be walking on hot bricks on Saturday PM, which won't please my wife as we're going out to look at a new car for her, which is a horrid task at the best of times :(

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only pathologically superstitious fool who thinks he can jinx the team with his behaviour

I shall be walking on hot bricks on Saturday PM, which won't please my wife as we're going out to look at a new car for her, which is a horrid task at the best of times :(

Ahh for chrissakes man, if you can afford to get another vehicle in the family, treat yourself to a decent pair of shoes! ..dammit. 

11 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'm a Jonah too. If I refresh my phone/listen on radio etc. it always goes to pot... I try to avoid at all costs. In fact, if I forget all together that City are playing, we often win...

Any chance you can get hold of last years fixture list then? ... :) & lose this seasons one.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Ahh for chrissakes man, if you can afford to get another vehicle in the family, treat yourself to a decent pair of shoes! ..dammit. 

It's not "another vehicle" - it's a replacement for current

And I can't get new shoes, need to wear my lucky shoes...

On 9 March 2016 at 08:14, SecretSam said:

It's all my fault

Sorry all

I thought everyone knew that you had to turn the computer off and then back on again.

On March 9, 2016 at 17:38, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

My god.

It most certainly isn't just you. Due to time difference, I'm usually asleep when city are playing. When I wake up to check the score, I always hide the city part of the scoreline and at first look at the number of goals we've conceded.  That breaks me in gently to what the probable outcome was! Wierd habit but I just can't stop doing it that way. A funny time was when we played Barnsley once and I saw that they'd scored 3. I let out a profane curse only to uncover our score and see that it was 5-3 to us!

Sometimes if I'm awake I'll follow the match thread here... When it says there's been like more than 10 replies I'll refresh in anticipation knowing there's been a goal but not knowing which way it's gone. I hate that.. Then you just need to look out for the usual posts "yessssssss" "get in!!!!" "Boom" or "balls" "ffs" "oops" or "bollox"

Archived