IGNORED

McClaren sacked

5 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Rafa would be out of his mind to take that job. He'll surely get much better offers in the summer. Look how well Real Madrid have done in La Liga since he left...

Short term contract until seasons end perhaps?

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Don't think there is a manager alive that could sort the mess out at Newcastle. 

Ashley is solely interested in promoting Sports Direct and to do that effectively they have to be in the EPL hence McLaren going. Hiring Rafa is a big risk to Ashley because if he fails to keep them up, which will be quite a task, the fans are going to really start asking some very awkward questions.

19 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Hope Newcastle go down, vile club. McClaren was always a strange appointment, to be fair Rafa will probably do a good job, given time and a few quid

Not sure about the club being vile!! Seems a tad harsh!

Mike Ashley on the other hand!?! He's completely ruined the club & doesn't seem to know his arse from his elbow!!

One minute he's asset stripping & taking all the money he can from the club & then he decides he wants to stay & actually spends some money & backs McClaren!!

I think it would be a great club for a takeover from one of these foreign billionaires, massive stadium, massive fan base & huge potential given the correct ownership but all that would depend on someone managing to convince Ashley to do one!!

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Mike Ashley on the other hand!?! He's completely ruined the club & doesn't seem to know his arse from his elbow!!

One minute he's asset stripping & taking all the money he can from the club & then he decides he wants to stay & actually spends some money & backs McClaren!!

I think it would be a great club for a takeover from one of these foreign billionaires, massive stadium, massive fan base & huge potential given the correct ownership but all that would depend on someone managing to convince Ashley to do one!!

Sadly for them Rovers got in there first!

12 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

He's tried to sell it twice. 

36 minutes ago, Super said:

What about SOD though?!

Ah brilliant, can you imagine. I love linking teams with managers I don't like, until now Stoke and Pulllis has been a fav, but Sodding Newcastle might get the award if he went there.

Please, please not  Moysie 

44 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Who was the other dick up there who slagged off Geordie women.....can't think of his name now. Just a rotten club

And all the bullshit about them being brilliant fans, that is shite too. I can remember plenty of games up there in front of sparse crowds, and times when they've not brought many to AG. Complete myth, can't stand them :nono:

14 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I did consider this, but surely Rafa must already be worth a fair few bob.  He seems a shrewd man who'd invest his money wisely.

I think McClaren is even shrewder (is this a word?). McClaren has made a fortune in compensation from getting sacked from various clubs. I like a regular income like that. 

Archived