IGNORED

Will Mahrez play for Barcelona? What's he worth?

reddogkev

After such an incredible season, which I'm now confident will end with him winning the Premier league, will he stick with Leicester next season?

And what's his current valuation?  Hard to say after only one vastly impressive season, but is he worth, say 50 million?  I'd be sorry to see him leave England, but would be fascinated to see how he would perform for someone like Barcelona.

I'd say he'd be worth around €25-30m to teams outside the premier league. Upward of £40m for a bigger team in England. I think he'll win player of the year and he's been brilliant for about a season and a half now. 

Does he have to leave Leicester though? Most likely a champions league place. New tv deal means more money for Leicester to spend. He can get a big pay rise and see where the team can go. They can add to the squad as well. It would be hard to turn down Barca if true but it's working at Leicester at the moment. See where you are in January.

Reckon he'll stay next season, Leicester will have champions league football, if they fail to get it again then he'll probably leave. Leicester have supposedly put a £30m clause on Vardy leaving so would expect similar for Mahrez.

22 minutes ago, hodge said:

Reckon he'll stay next season, Leicester will have champions league football, if they fail to get it again then he'll probably leave. Leicester have supposedly put a £30m clause on Vardy leaving so would expect similar for Mahrez.

Leicester have denied that there is such a clause in Vardy's contract.

Regarding Mahrez, football wise I think he'd be silly to go to Barcelona, as Yarmolenko has supposedly said, he's unlikely to get game time & he supposedly prefers a move to Everton because he's more likely to get game time.

In reality though, if Barcelona come knocking, it's probably a once in lifetime offer & he'd be stupid to turn it down!!

Value wise, Barcelona won't be paying anywhere near £50m for someone to play now & then & let's be honest, he'd have to do something very special to mean that Messi, Neymar or Suarez are going to be dropped unless there are plans a foot to let one of them leave?!?

48 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Leicester have denied that there is such a clause in Vardy's contract.

Regarding Mahrez, football wise I think he'd be silly to go to Barcelona, as Yarmolenko has supposedly said, he's unlikely to get game time & he supposedly prefers a move to Everton because he's more likely to get game time.

In reality though, if Barcelona come knocking, it's probably a once in lifetime offer & he'd be stupid to turn it down!!

Value wise, Barcelona won't be paying anywhere near £50m for someone to play now & then & let's be honest, he'd have to do something very special to mean that Messi, Neymar or Suarez are going to be dropped unless there are plans a foot to let one of them leave?!?

It has been suggested in the press that they can't afford to keep all 3 of them- especially with Neymar supposedly wanting a new improve contract- and therefore they might not have a choice but to offload one of them.

Archived