IGNORED

Standing

cityred2000

Please can we all stand tomorrow? Or at least the top half stand? 

Obviously, some CAN'T stand for various reason, but also, some who can WON'T... If we want to create a real atmosphere and get behind the lads we need to have a large majority standing IMO. Charlton was class when the top half stood opposed to MK which was in all honesty p*ss poor throughout the game. It only livened up at the end when everyone was stood.

So cmon, give your legs a stretch and be stood for A WHOLE 90 MINUTES & lets suck that ball into the net! (Que puns)

COYR!!

Totally agree. Think of all the best away supports in the country vocally.. Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, United, the Old Firm, Portsmouth.. Even Antwerp for that friendly. Correlation? All stand.

It's just much better.

When we travel in numbers it can be great noise wise - Charlton, West Brom.. Or it can have a 'family day out' feel like Coventry last season for example and we have the same old debates on here about allocated seats/standing. 

7 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

West Brom away. Sell out, plenty of kids, plenty of elderly people. Everyone stood and I saw no one moan about it. Likely because the atmosphere was electric for that very reason. Same again tomorrow people!

Not from where we were stood. Could only have been about 6-8 rows from the back and there were very few people standing in front of us. 

Looking on Fulham site there is approx 1000 tickets showing as available in p1 and p2  of the putney end. P3-p7 not available.

The whole end holds just over 7000 so could mean about 6000 sold

P1-4 is the neutral end P5-7 city.  I wonder how many city fans have bought the 2000 tickets sold in the neutral end.

With pay on the day we could have 5000 possibly more

Coyr

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Trouble is if everyone stands then shorter people (like my missus) can't see, also some elderly people need to sit

If she's short then it doesn't matter if she or the person in front is stood or not.

Unless she wants to stand while the person in front sits

Or something 

Are we the only club in the country who need to discuss this before every game..?!

just turn up and sit or stand if you like. If standing gets in someone's way who wants to sit, then swap seats with them. 

Its all just a bit of common sense really. 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 20:46, cityred2000 said:

Please can we all stand tomorrow? Or at least the top half stand? 

Obviously, some CAN'T stand for various reason, but also, some who can WON'T... If we want to create a real atmosphere and get behind the lads we need to have a large majority standing IMO. Charlton was class when the top half stood opposed to MK which was in all honesty p*ss poor throughout the game. It only livened up at the end when everyone was stood.

So cmon, give your legs a stretch and be stood for A WHOLE 90 MINUTES & lets suck that ball into the net! (Que puns)

COYR!!

Well done, I reckon they all read this so it was all down to you. We salute you cityred2000.:clap:

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Are you sure? It wasn't like that. The Fan Cam video also shows almost everyone stood apart from the first row

Ah but it doesn't. That stand was weird in that the lower of the blocks were stood, but you can see further back that people are sat. If you look closely you can see where the line/wave of people standing starts and how more people stand up as we got closer to goal. It was only really after the second goal when everyone stood.

we were at the opposite end of the stand and the there was a significant number sat down. I know this because we were the first row to be stood, except for the Mrs who was sat (I know, she needs a talking too about that!)

That aside. Today was brilliant with everyone standing! Even when we were losing we were fantastic!!

13 hours ago, cityred2000 said:

Like I said, some people can't stand for various reasons, but surely that's what the front few rows are for yes?

No, it really isn't. So those that want (or have) to sit have to have the worst view. A little selfish, don't you think?

Some can make it to a decent seat but aren't able to stand for long periods.

Until there are areas that specifically allow standing, you have to appreciate that the sitters will have the right (and priority) in an all seater stadium to request a good but unimpeded view of the action.

I still don't get the concept that you cannot make any noise sat down. Can you possibly believe that when he gets older the likes of Oskar will be a wallflower?!? (Or even now,  bless him!) Can't imagine so.

In my humble opinion, the inability to make noise whilst sat down is a myth perpetuated by those that want to stand and so sulk and refuse to sing when made to sit, either in a huff or simply trying to make a point. Or maybe I'm doing a disservice and it's just psychological.

(And yes, I'm fully aware of what will probably head my way now!) 

48 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

No, it really isn't. So those that want (or have) to sit have to have the worst view. A little selfish, don't you think?

Until there are areas that specifically allow standing, you have to appreciate that the sitters will have the right (and priority) in an all seater stadium to request a good but unimpeded view of the action.

I still don't get the concept that you cannot make any noise sat down. Can you possibly believe that when he gets older the likes of Oskar will be a wallflower?!? (Or even now,  bless him!) Can't imagine so.

In my humble opinion, the inability to make noise whilst sat down is a myth perpetuated by those that want to stand and so sulk and refuse to sing when made to sit, either in a huff or simply trying to make a point. Or maybe I'm doing a disservice and it's just psychological.

It's no myth, the correlation between ends that stand and the atmosphere is no coincidence.

The quicker the Bristol Sport guys sort out what they had at Stoke, where they make sure those that want to stand and make an atmosphere go to the back and those that want to sit go to the front, the better. You can make noise sat down but nothing compares to day's like today where the majority are stood up, and I've no doubts that the vocal support today helped keep the team going. Our support was tremendous.

9 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Me, and I'm sure everyone else who wishes to stand would happily do so at the front. Not only would the noise be notably worse given not being under the roof, but guess what, then views would be blocked of people sitting down behind. Great.

Another point about it being a "better view" at the back, at both Charlton and Fulham I had a massive pole right in front of me blocking half the goal. At Forest the very low roof from the tier above meant you could just about see the pitch and nothing else. Everyone at the front and had a clear view at all games.

9 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

When was the last time you saw a genuinely noisy away following who were sat? The best ones I've seen at AG in the last few years.. Sheffield Weds, Rangers, Antwerp, Leeds, West Ham etc.. All stood!

Whilst it might be 'technically' all seater, almost all clubs turn a blind eye to away support standing, it's just not enforced so the point about 'priority', whilst true technically, will never be valid in reality. Standers have proposed a compromise where they go to the back and the ones determined to sit go to the front, seems pretty reasonable. As Aaron said, if the people who wanted to stand had to do it at the front, they would - but it's not practical as it would block others views.

At away games, people stand and it's better for atmosphere when they do. Everyone should be prepared to compromise a bit about this, the best compromise is sitters at the front and standers at the back.

Archived