IGNORED

"The Johnson Bounce"

Dolman Block B

19 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Always liked the bounce myself. It's ours. We started that specific song and it's great it's come back. 

All you hear these days are fans singing the same songs as everyone else.  What happened to creativity? 

To be honest Andy, and on the basis of a few decades experience, I'd say that creativity is overrated in a football chant. What matters is getting everyone going. Very rare to find something which can get a whole away end singing and dancing together.

It's great that we have a reasonably unique song that can achieve that, and all the more remarkable that it was being sung with such gusto yesterday given the strongly expressed view on here - only a few weeks back - that it was "stale, dull or worse", a song that "never caught on with the majority of fans" and an "embarrassment".

10 hours ago, Dave said:

On the Fulham view clip, watch O'Donnell.

Me and the boys didn't make it yesterday. Had "parental duties" to fulfil. Looks like we missed a good one.

Watching the videos makes up for it. In part.

Watching RO"D is better than watching the goal itself. More of that from more of them and we'll be safe. Keep those as a nucleus and acquire more like that over the summer and next season will be very different.

Just a shame that wasn't the approach last summer after a very successful season.......

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

29 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

To be honest Andy, and on the basis of a few decades experience, I'd say that creativity is overrated in a football chant. What matters is getting everyone going. Very rare to find something which can get a whole away end singing and dancing together.

It's great that we have a reasonably unique song that can achieve that, and all the more remarkable that it was being sung with such gusto yesterday given the strongly expressed view on here - only a few weeks back - that it was "stale, dull or worse", a song that "never caught on with the majority of fans" and an "embarrassment".

Felt the criticism of the chant was really harsh. Everyone knows the words, it looks/sounds great and gets everyone going.

Amazing day all round.  Always something special about away days in London.

We were stood in the isle for the entire match. There was literally nowhere else to go. You can see that from Conor West's twitter video. When Tomlin scored, a few of us went flying and hit the deck. One guy looked like he was in alot of pain. Don't know if Fulham FC over-sold our enclosure. Or maybe they put the netting in the wrong place?

Even so.......best away game i've ever been to! 

31 minutes ago, clerk said:

Amazing day all round.  Always something special about away days in London.

We were stood in the isle for the entire match. There was literally nowhere else to go. You can see that from Conor West's twitter video. When Tomlin scored, a few of us went flying and hit the deck. One guy looked like he was in alot of pain. Don't know if Fulham FC over-sold our enclosure. Or maybe they put the netting in the wrong place?

Even so.......best away game i've ever been to! 

At the risk of sounding "Gapper-ish", there were more than 3.9k there as the potd in the neutral section wouldn't have been counted .

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

At the risk of sounding "Gapper-ish", there were more than 3.9k there as the potd in the neutral section wouldn't have been counted .

I did think this, on some videos and pics you can see red scarves in other parts of the ground.

4 hours ago, CiderJar said:

@bcfctweets 4000 fans were magnificent today #ffcvbcfc #prideofthewest #1-2

•  

This wont go down well with the Gas ;) 

The atmosphere was indeed awesome, Fulham fans however seemed very chilled and laid back all game... very strange that there was no hostility towards us.

My first time visiting Fulham and area surrounding the ground with the park and the Thames was really something... much different to the 'hole' which is Loftus Road

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 22:20, RedM said:

The stand did shake. It was like standing on hardboard, not solid at all. I really liked their ground though, old school.

This young lady has caused me problems this weekend.....the amount of times Mrs Woodsy has said to me and my girls 'stop watching that bloody goal', Emzy - I'm ashamed to say I've blamed you for it

But it is one of my most favouritest videos of all time, in the history of the world, ever. Thank you

Archived