IGNORED

Substitutes

I am not slating Cotterill at all as I love the bloke never thought I would see a league title in my life time plus a cup win, but today LJ made good subs today and shows what a clever young manager we have. That took guts to take off 2 of most creative players on paper anyway, a few raised eyebrows at the time but the proof was in the pudding 3 points against relegation rivals feeling proud.

8 hours ago, City169 said:

Don't be daft, he's a puppet don't you know!

Yes of course he is. Surely someone must have spotted Mr Lansdowne heading for the dressing room just before half time with a piece of paper with his `preferred` team changes written on it? No? Oh well, perhaps he does have the cojones to make crucial decisions himself then which will certainly annoy a few on here.

If he`d got it wrong they`d have all been out with their hammers and nails.

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yes of course he is. Surely someone must have spotted Mr Lansdowne heading for the dressing room just before half time with a piece of paper with his `preferred` team changes written on it? No? Oh well, perhaps he does have the cojones to make crucial decisions himself then which will certainly annoy a few on here.

If he`d got it wrong they`d have all been out with their hammers and nails.

That's the joke I was trying to make

When this sort of brave decision pays off then it can really give the players the belief that the manager knows what he is doing.  It's the sort of single event that can really mean the players buy in to everything the manager says.......at least until he makes a massive cock up.

Massive game next week.  Thank goodness there is a stream.

I said after the Wolves game that although it didn't come off I was glad that Lj at least tried something different to get us back in the game with a double substitution. It very nearly did get us something. 

I've seen 3 away games under Johnson and all of them we have shown improvement in the second half. To me a sign of a good manager is knowing when it isn't going well, admitting it and changing it.

Hopefully he will start getting it right from KO soon though!!! 

14 hours ago, Fiale said:

If we had lost today those substitutions would have seen him getting absolutely roasted - took balls, and it seems "little" Johnson has bigger balls than people would like to give him credit for.

Like a couple of spacehoppers.

Archived