IGNORED

Pembo

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

This is the sort of commitment we need and that fans respond to. A big difference from the way the towel seemed to be thrown in when we got relegated a couple of seasons ago. Seeing Pembo and LJ caring for our club like this (and Cotts was the same) makes such a difference from the likes of SOD and Del who never seemed to show the same level of passion.

Pembo has certainly made a name for himself this season. Glad he is with us.

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

JMP-Fulham-vs-Bristol-City-RS-088.jpg

JMP-Fulham-vs-Bristol-City-RS-089.jpg

Pembo cares.

Nah, a couple of months ago I suggested he cared so much about us one of his 'poses' possibly deserved a banner...was shouted down on here:

"He hasn't been here long enough"

"He ain't a legend" (never suggested he was)

"He ain't done enough yet to deserve a banner"

etc etc etc...

The guy bloody cares. He cares. He really does. I love that...

Technical ability, organisation, fitness are all factors that contribute to team games like football and rugby.

But without passion they become too predictable and a bit boring.

I know Pembo is from Oldham so will probably never be able to speak Bristle properly, but with passion like that he should be honoured with the Freedom of the City of Bristol.

And put that picture on the walls of the concourse to remind everyone who enters, that is how we want it to be at our Club.

Some very special moments at the end of the game.

We need to stay up (obviously!) and kick on, build around the solid core of gritty professionals that we have on and off the pitch, Pembo being one...I'd suggest Flint, Pack, Korey, Scott G, and ROD as others. They'll need experienced and gritty support…which is where Tomlin has been such an asset. The Board need to get their act together in the close season.

I anticipate that our current head coach actually listens to what he has to say and maybe takes things he says on board.  

It was clear from Pembos first match in charge he went to 4 at the back.  I'm sure he hadn't  plucked it out of the air that morning.  May have been the stubbornness of the previous incumbent to try something new.

a new lease of life for Pembo!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah, a couple of months ago I suggested he cared so much about us one of his 'poses' possibly deserved a banner...was shouted down on here:

etc etc etc...

Totally agree. Not sure anybody could have said the same when we had Steve Wigley a few years back...

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

etc etc etc...

T-Shirts

' Pembo on Tour ' 

'Watch out Theres a Pembo About ' shirts  etc etc Could be the way to go..??

Pembo Army etc, 

Choose an image.. (looks like thats a given :) ) ..come up with a slogan, print a few thousand 'Pembo' shirts and BCFC away-days get even better! 

Archived