IGNORED

Preparing for next season

ciderbeans

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

On over 3.5 times our top wage.

Wont happen.

I know you said you live next door to his agent or something, but circumstances change. He's 33 now and with Swansea apparently looking at another managerial change he may well be surplus to requirements and thus his wage demands lower.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know you said you live next door to his agent or something, but circumstances change. He's 33 now and with Swansea apparently looking at another managerial change he may well be surplus to requirements and thus his wage demands lower.

Furthermore he's peaked. I know it's a massive wage drop, but it would mean more minutes on the pitch. Is he out of contract anyway? £10,000 a week is better than nothing as they say! 

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 15:29, Selred said:

Furthermore he's peaked. I know it's a massive wage drop, but it would mean more minutes on the pitch. Is he out of contract anyway? £10,000 a week is better than nothing as they say! 

Better than nothing? Might as well be nothing!

The poor man has probably got a family to feed as well as his cars, properties, jewellery, classic art collection, modern art collection, motorbikes, clothes, sunglasses, gadgets, swimming pools and holidays. On top of all that he'll probably need some new boots. How's he supposed to do all that and survive on a mere £10,000 per week?

On Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 15:15, Rudolf Hucker said:

On the subject of contracts, though of no relevance to this thread, I heard on the FL goals show on C5 that Swindon have just given their new manager a five year deal. Have they learned nothing?

Probably to put break clauses in a contract so that when the inevitable happens, they are liable for no more than 6 months compensation.

On 13 March 2016 at 10:10, Fordy62 said:

Hold on, isn't Aarons linked with a move away from Newcastle... To Arsenal...

Tough call choosing between us and them!

Arnold Garita done it. Why not Rolando Aarons?

All jokes aside, he'd be a good loan signing of we stay up. We don't have proper wingers. 

On 13 March 2016 at 15:29, Selred said:

I think he's still out of our range with wages aside. Similar to Joey Barton who was mentioned on here loads. Was looking for a prem switch and ended up at promotion favourites Burnley. Swansea could also end up going down and want to keep him. Either way I think we'll be down the list for him. Staying up won't suddenly make us desirable to most. 

Theres a chance newcastle will come down in which case you would expect aarons to play more games. And likewise is sunderland go down would matthews get more game time for them

I would be looking for a front 4 of kodjia, tomlin matt smith and nakhi wells next season. Some good names mentioned though.

I'd like us to concentrate on staying in this division before worrying about who we might or might not sign, as our targets will be almost completely different if we find ourselves back in League one.

Hopefully we can avoid the drop, but with Rotherham's resurgence it will probably go down to the wire - certainly we should not be counting chickens yet!

On 13/03/2016 at 10:57, Taz said:

The exception to the above I think will possibly be Baker. If/when Villa drop, a lot of their "better" players will want out. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that Baker will be wanted next season by them, unless of course he prefers it here and wants out!!

It's worrying that Villa are so doomed for relegation yet one of our best players still can't get anywhere near their team. :facepalm:

Archived