IGNORED

Matt Smith to Wolves ........

Chalkie

4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I would be very surprised if this was true - why would a team in deep relegation trouble loan out any striker right now, even one that is not currently getting much game time.

Goals aren't the problem for Fulham. Maybe getting rid of his wages could bring in a defender or two.

3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Goals aren't the problem for Fulham. Maybe getting rid of his wages could bring in a defender or two.

That is true but the loan window closes in 2 weeks, if you let a striker go now and then you get an injury / 3 match suspension for either McCormack or Dembelia you could have a problem.

I thought the Wolves forum comments were well balanced. Some for, some against, and some couldn't care less as the season is over for them. At least there wasn't a "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fulham are getting Aluko from Hull - 

Fulhams Serbian gaffer just doesn't fancy Smith

Think he will do well at Wolves  - good fit

Good signing for Fulham, a lot of pace and creativity in their team, just need to shore their defence still.

20 hours ago, Tomarse said:

If wages were s problem why didn't they let him sign for us permanently ? Maybe  Matt wanted to stay ? 

13 hours ago, RedDave said:

Embargo doesn't mean zero signings.  Think you are allowed to spend a percentage of revenue on wages and transfer fees.  I believe Forests figure is £600k.

In my humbles they should remove the word 'embargo' from the rule book then because it is something of a misnomer.

Archived