IGNORED

Ouch

Rudolf Hucker

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Was there not a player who got a boot to the crotch a few years back. Went into the dressing room at half time and found his testicles hanging out of his scrotum. 

Yep, ruptured one testicle and played on. Had to have it removed after the game.

5 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Was there not a player who got a boot to the crotch a few years back. Went into the dressing room at half time and found his testicles hanging out of his scrotum. 

Yes. He was told to "grow a pair"

3 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Think mine's funnier, Tone (just this once)

Agreed, but just think of coming into the dressing room with one of your nads hanging by your knee ................... got tears in my eyes

33 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It's no laughing matter

Indeed !!

Now that takes balls!

In a courageous display for the ages, British rugby league player Paul Wood suffered a ruptured testicle in a match Saturday in Manchester ... and kept playing.

Paul Wood, 30, who plays for the Warrington Wolves, took a knee to the groin early in the second half of the rugby league Grand Final as he was tackled by Kallum Watkins of the Leeds Rhinos. The force of the blow ruptured his right testicle, but the Warrington prop continued to play on for more than 20 minutes.

"I've been hit a few times in the groin area and normally you can run it off," the married father of two told the newspaper on Monday, "but this just got worse."

How bad? The size of a tennis ball, bad.

"The physios kept asking me if I wanted to go off but I said, 'No I'm fine, I'll get through it.' I came off after 25 minutes and that's when it started getting really bad. It swelled up to the size of a tennis ball."

Wood told the Daily Mail that winning the Grand Final was his primary focus.

"I wanted us to have a chance of winning," he said.

Unfortunately, Wood's heroics went for naught as Warrington lost 26-18.

The ruptured testicle was removed during emergency surgery Saturday at Hope Hospital in Salford, but the doctors left his sense of humor untouched.

"Just coming out the hospital to go home ... Seriously feel like I've left something?" Wood tweeted.

"Tony Smith (Warrington coach) did say in his pre-match team talk last night 'your balls are on the line here guys!' I didn't think he meant literally."

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

The worse one was the one was the rugby player who dislocated his hip, and when they put it back in the socket they got his scrotum caught......ouch!

I tell people this one, Dave - no one believes me, so thank you for making me know that I have read it somewhere

I cannot imagine the pain of dislocating a hip. To have someone pop it back in, and catch a knacker.....that is a rough day

Archived