IGNORED

Same. atmosphere Saturday

Redmycolour

2 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Why? Can we create the same atmosphere at home as we do away

Think people's attitude when away changes. It's more of a day out, people tend to congregate together and possibly a few more drinks on board! Plus the bigger factor for me ,is your outnumbered by home fans. Same for most teams, but agree would be good to have a hostile gate for Saturday

18 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Why? Can we create the same atmosphere at home as we do away

No, very difficult to do that for many reasons.

Take the game at Anfield in 1994, we had more fans at that game than we had at our previous home game!

People are much more up for a laugh for a big away game. It's a day/evening out and everyone is far more determined to enjoy themselves I think....

Can't help but feel that if the club had built a large stand like the one at Fulham or the South Bank at Wolves behind the goal instead of the South Stand, with atmosphere in mind and it was regularly full - we would have a fantastic atmosphere. The South Stand hasn't been marketed or designed towards improving atmosphere at all.

If South Stand was unreserved, let people stand, flags etc I think we could create a great atmosphere, sadly people are dotted around, have taken new seat's area.... if the club really want to do this then it has to be now as at least they can say it was all temporary and most people bought SS knowing there would be a lot of changes for 2 seasons... if they don't people are going to become to settled and territorial in their new seats and it will unlikely never happen.

10 hours ago, Fiale said:

If South Stand was unreserved, let people stand, flags etc I think we could create a great atmosphere, sadly people are dotted around, have taken new seat's area.... if the club really want to do this then it has to be now as at least they can say it was all temporary and most people bought SS knowing there would be a lot of changes for 2 seasons... if they don't people are going to become to settled and territorial in their new seats and it will unlikely never happen.

iv said it all before but the end of the season is the opportunity to move the family stand to where the posh seats are ATM and invite the singers back to the EE where they should be - the noise will then carry along the dolman and the SS.

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

Step one might be for the team to play at home a bit like the team that plays away....

I'm not sure there is such a correlation. We were dire first half against Fulham but the atmosphere was still good. 

13 hours ago, The New Gate said:

Excuse the pun but every game from now till the end of the season is a cup final

The players thrive on great support and can push the club to saftey

No excuse. Just have an extra cider or three to get you in the mood. 

It's really important now!!

That's not a pun; it's a cliche.  I'm here to help.

Archived