IGNORED

Marlon: Bravo

Jack Dawe

Some great comments from Marlon after Saturday in The Post:

"To score a goal in front of all those away fans in a game of this magnitude was an amazing feeling"

"There was so much emotion in the game, the fans were so loud and gave us such fantastic backing that I had goose-bumps at the end"

And on the club website:

"To score in front of all that travelling support was incredible for me"

"Tommo's goal at the end, in front of all those supporters, and the roar at the final whistle - there were goose-bumps"

"It was an emotional game and one we'll certainly remember"

Clearly, Marlon got a buzz out of scoring and winning Saturday, and our response. Here is someone loving the upside of playing here, in the Championship, at big grounds and before big crowds. He's not just here for the money, he's loving the thrill of it. Good for him.

And what a fine goal, too. From outside the box! How many of those have we managed? He loved the reaction so much, he'll be shooting from everywhere now. 

This isn't an appraisal of Marlon's ability at this level or our midfield, or poking a finger at those who have questioned both this season, it's just to say great goal and great comments. And just a reminder, Marlon, to mention our truly spectacular fanbase more often (cough).  

He deserves our support and some big love. Pity his name doesn't fit into any songs very easily - we should try though 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

He deserves our support and some big love. Pity his name doesn't fit into any songs very easily - we should try though 

Some younger guys near me tried to get "We fell in love with Marlon Pack, We fell in love with Marlon Pack" going.  I think it goes to the tune of a Rihanna song which may explain why it didn't really catch on.

41 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Some younger guys near me tried to get "We fell in love with Marlon Pack, We fell in love with Marlon Pack" going.  I think it goes to the tune of a Rihanna song which may explain why it didn't really catch on.

I don't know any Rhianna songs. But I'm prepared to give it a go

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It would certainly fit easily into this one: (incidentally, haven't all the loud 'Pack critics' gone very quiet recently?!)

Excellent. I know that one, but will the young 'uns? (This thread is not about pointing the finger though, just to remind you. No shaming on this one)

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Excellent. I know that one, but will the young 'uns? (This thread is not about pointing the finger though, just to remind you. No shaming on this one)

Martha and her Vandellas are timeless! 

"Marlon, oh Marlon Pack, when are you coming back?"

Actually I'm sure I've heard Flinty yell that many a time after a corner routine breaks down!

7 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

I'm one of the younger ones on here (20) and I recognised the tune as soon as the the words started

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Some great comments from Marlon after Saturday in The Post:

"To score a goal in front of all those away fans in a game of this magnitude was an amazing feeling"

"There was so much emotion in the game, the fans were so loud and gave us such fantastic backing that I had goose-bumps at the end"

And on the club website:

"To score in front of all that travelling support was incredible for me"

"Tommo's goal at the end, in front of all those supporters, and the roar at the final whistle - there were goose-bumps"

"It was an emotional game and one we'll certainly remember"

Clearly, Marlon got a buzz out of scoring and winning Saturday, and our response. Here is someone loving the upside of playing here, in the Championship, at big grounds and before big crowds. He's not just here for the money, he's loving the thrill of it. Good for him.

And what a fine goal, too. From outside the box! How many of those have we managed? He loved the reaction so much, he'll be shooting from everywhere now. 

This isn't an appraisal of Marlon's ability at this level or our midfield, or poking a finger at those who have questioned both this season, it's just to say great goal and great comments. And just a reminder, Marlon, to mention our truly spectacular fanbase more often (cough).  

Hay for us fans in exile were heard it all before.

Old news to us, player is good!!!

Anyway have a lot of time for Marlon he seems the real deal, hope he's with us for a few years!!

We've been trying out "We fell in love with Marlon Pack" (Rihanna tune) for a while now in Section 82. It's certainly growing, considering the amount of times I heard it round London on Saturday night. 

Oh, and us who made it up are certainly not "young uns", I can tell thee!! Twas born aboard the Roger Wilkins Cider Bus in December. 

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

We've been trying out "We fell in love with Marlon Pack" (Rihanna tune) for a while now in Section 82. It's certainly growing, considering the amount of times I heard it round London on Saturday night. 

Oh, and us who made it up are certainly not "young uns", I can tell thee!! Twas born aboard the Roger Wilkins Cider Bus in December. 

Got any Skuse songs yet, you wrong 'un!?!?

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Not a great fan of the chant. I think we can do better!

As for Marlon, top class. I wasn't ever a fan of his but fair play, he's been one of our most consistent players for the majority of the campaign! 

He's certainly stepped up.

4 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

What do you take us for???

Nowt wrong with The Vandellas.

Finally caught up with the highlights and watched the interviews with Pack, Tomlin, Odemwingie & LJ last night

Take PO out as he's new, but he spoke very intelligently about the game, his role, future etc etc

Pack, Tomlin & LJ - the way they spoke about the club, the fans, what it meant to score that goal in front of the fans.....it was great to hear. Feels like everyone is pulling in the same direction, good times around the corner

Archived