IGNORED

Blackburn

samo II

Just saw Blackburn lost to Ipswich tonight; leaves them just three point (although with a massively better goal difference) ahead of us.

The form they've been in, and pretty much always having a game in hand on us, I'd written off finishing even close to them, but with that extra match now gone it perhaps underlines what a decent win that one against Fulham may prove to be, as has really pulled more clubs close to the fight.

Also see Blackburn play away to Brentford next weekend, a team I would really fancy them to beat, if I'm honest.  But with both clubs just three points better off that us victory against Bolton, and either one of them losing, we end up drawing another team into the fray.

What this all helps to highlight is how massive the game against Bolton is, make no mistake.

53 minutes ago, samo II said:

Just saw Blackburn lost to Ipswich tonight; leaves them just three point (although with a massively better goal difference) ahead of us.

The form they've been in, and pretty much always having a game in hand on us, I'd written off finishing even close to them, but with that extra match now gone it perhaps underlines what a decent win that one against Fulham may prove to be, as has really pulled more clubs close to the fight.

Also see Blackburn play away to Brentford next weekend, a team I would really fancy them to beat, if I'm honest.  But with both clubs just three points better off that us victory against Bolton, and either one of them losing, we end up drawing another team into the fray.

What this all helps to highlight is how massive the game against Bolton is, make no mistake.

Absolutely! If I was LJ I'd send the players out with a give everything you've got attitude and hit them fast and hard from the first whistle. Play like their life's depended on it. If we can win this one I think the confidence (for the remaining home games!) it will give the players should ensure we stay up, lose it, and depending on the other results we could be right back in the brown stuff.:(

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Absolutely! If I was LJ I'd send the players out with a give everything you've got attitude and hit them fast and hard from the first whistle. Play like their life's depended on it. If we can win this one I think the confidence (for the remaining home games!) it will give the players should ensure we stay up, lose it, and depending on the other results we could be right back in the brown stuff.:(

I read on here that Bolton haven't won away all season, they haven't got a manager and they look odds on to go down as well.

So.....anyone who has followed City for any length of time knows what's going to happen on Saturday..................... 

1-0 to Bolton it is then  :ph34r:

30 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I read on here that Bolton haven't won away all season, they haven't got a manager and they look odds on to go down as well.

So.....anyone who has followed City for any length of time knows what's going to happen on Saturday..................... 

1-0 to Bolton it is then  :ph34r:

I have a horrible feeling that you may well be right.

On 3/15/2016 at 23:55, samo II said:

I said in the match day thread on Sat about them losing at the time and someone replied that he thought they were safe?

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bolton are quite capable of beating anyone in this division , they have quality players but seem to have been undone by all the uncertainty over their future .

We must not take them lightly  .

We should not take any team in this Division lightly!

20 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Bolton are quite capable of beating anyone in this division , they have quality players but seem to have been undone by all the uncertainty over their future .

We must not take them lightly  .

Quite right,keep your guard up Major(and tuck the elbows in)...p.s...I never had you down as a Steve Yabsley fan!!!!!...

On 15 March 2016 at 23:09, Portland Bill said:

1-0 to Bolton it is then 

Bolton are 250/1 on to go down. City are 17/1 against. Pressure off both to some degree. They were so lucky to get a point at their place, The ref might as well have had a white shirt on. I thought they were worse than charlton who were pants and should have got nothing at the gate. Bolton are league 1 standard and since Cotts left we are near play-off form. given they now have a new owner their game should be raised, but even so I expect a city win. 

Archived