IGNORED

In need of work - Electrical

Lew-T

Good morning,

Although it hasn't been a good one personally. I've been told there is no work available with my employer due to losing a couple of contracts this past week! I'm a trainee electrician and was hoping to start my courses this summer with the company, but unfortunately this doesn't look likely to happen. 

So I've been let go, really disappointed but I guess these things happen. I'm really interested in pursuing this career and wondered if anybody on this forum is an electrician themselves or know of anybody who has experience with the trade that could help or guide me. 

Thanks all!

Maybe not what you have in mind, but I had a friend who joined the RAF on a electrical engineering scholarship - he trained, got qualified, worked on some really sophisticated stuff, saw a lot of the world, made friends and when he left walked into a job at BaE on stupidly good money. Lost contact with him a few years back when he moved. But he always said that joining the RAF was the best thing he ever did (even though all his family was against it). 

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

Maybe not what you have in mind, but I had a friend who joined the RAF on a electrical engineering scholarship - he trained, got qualified, worked on some really sophisticated stuff, saw a lot of the world, made friends and when he left walked into a job at BaE on stupidly good money. Lost contact with him a few years back when he moved. But he always said that joining the RAF was the best thing he ever did (even though all his family was against it). 

Interesting, it's worth a look!

Thankyou fella.

Archived