IGNORED

Well done LJ

old_eastender

As a doubter, have to say credit where it's due and well done LJ today, two particular points stand out:

1. Having the balls to drop Kodjia & Freeman - both been guilty of hanging onto the ball for too long, illustrated even today after we went 6 up. Kodjia had another chance to cross like he did for Waggy's goal but didn't take it, tried to beat his man and got crowded out and twice Freeman was in good position on the left in the box but failed to deliver.

2. Using Wilbs sensibly - good battling performance from Wilbs, all important first goal and should have got us a penalty award, but was all=in after an hour and then sensibly subbed - instead of being flogged like Cotts did.

:yes:

Agreed. Not thrilled by his appointment, but he is having a positive effect. Changed things round 2nd half at Fulham after a poor 1st half,  and got the selection spot on today for a great win. Two vital back to back wins and has us moving in the right direction. Well done Lee, keep it going!

Very impressive squad management today. The subs livened things up..again!

And it's so refreshing to hear him talk about the game as you drive home. I feel I learn something from every interview. Lovely though he was SC came across as a poor loser and an aggressive interviewee who had you feeling sorry for the poor sod sent to cover the match.

Well done L.J had plenty of doubts when appointed dropping the untouchable Freeman needed doing also Kodjia needed a jolt as he seemed to be on a 1 man mission even as pointed out he still stuck with the ball when he could have passed to better placed team mates.

Bringing in Tomlin has been a masterstroke the beaming smile flat out on the pitch after a clinical finish was a joy to behold the other recent loans seem to be settling in well,the tactics have improved especially substitutions and reacting to how the game goes altering the formation to turn things around.

6-0 is a fantastic result Bolton were never given a moments peace the best team performance this season.  

15 minutes ago, grove park city said:

also Kodjia needed a jolt as he seemed to be on a 1 man mission even as pointed out he still stuck with the ball when he could have passed to better placed team mates.

He got the header and set up Waggy unless I'm mistaken. 

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Think we are all happy with the job he's doing.the test comes next season,take us to a mid table club and keep building 

Keeping us up is an effing hard test, no?

8 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Not sure what you mean,do you rate cotts highly and Johnson is the messiah or was cotts doing a awful job and Johnson could only do better 

rate cotts but he was doing an awful job. far too early to make a claim that lj is the messiah, but he got a lot of unfair stick and has done a better job* so far by a long way. 

*championship only

19 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Haven't seen anybody on here give him stick apart from the normal few which is expected

Mainly because those posters have been awfully quiet lately.. 

LJ is a modern manager who keeps learning.  Just what we needed after a succession of dinosaurs. Oh I know SC got us promoted but he had an outstanding team for league one and was lucky with injuries.  At this level his failings became obvious from day one, and not for the first time in his career.

Lee took over at the most difficult time imaginable and even so has injected life into the team, partly through playing round pegs in round holes, partly, I guess, by better coaching (one of my recurring complaints earlier this season), and of course being flexible in team selection, tactics, and substitutions.  He also speaks a good game, and unlike SOD, delivers on the pitch.

I really rate Lee.  Moreover he is red through and through.

Keep us bouncing, Lee, till season's end and then go for it next year.

14 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Very impressive squad management today. The subs livened things up..again!

And it's so refreshing to hear him talk about the game as you drive home. I feel I learn something from every interview. Lovely though he was SC came across as a poor loser and an aggressive interviewee who had you feeling sorry for the poor sod sent to cover the match.

LJ understands the game inside out. He ain't full of predictable soundbites and nothing else. 

22 minutes ago, grifty said:

I'm enjoying the fact that every substitute he makes seems to make a difference to the game! No 88th minute swap, but actual tactical changes that over the last 3/4 games have changed the game and the way we play.

Agreed.

Him pulling Wilbs and Tomlin relatively early, and their replacements not only getting a decent number of minutes to build sharpness, but also contributing two goals (and the assist for one of them too) goes to show that managing the squad is more than just setting up the the team and sending them out on the pitch.

LJ is doing what good coaches do; getting that additional 10-15% from the players at his disposal, and managing what he has.  Long may it continue.

Archived