IGNORED

His name is Peter

Jamwoo

11 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Don't think city will pay 20k or more a week for a 35 yr old

Don't think for one minute a 35 year old would expect that for his last deal. A one year deal with option plus bonuses and a signing on fee to pay for rent on a decent flat, plus on £10kpw far more likely. 

I'd hope we not spend that much on wages regardless of age. 

People really do make a big deal about age. He wouldn't require a fee,so no need to worry about resale value and if he gets about the pitch like he did today it shouldn't matter how old he is. 

If I watched that game not knowing his age it wouldn't have crossed my mind that he maybe the wrong side of 30.

8 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I'd hope we not spend that much on wages regardless of age. 

People really do make a big deal about age. He wouldn't require a fee,so no need to worry about resale value and if he gets about the pitch like he did today it shouldn't matter how old he is. 

If I watched that game not knowing his age it wouldn't have crossed my mind that he maybe the wrong side of 30.

I had no idea how old he was until this thread. Amazed to see it was north of 30!

Would have him in a flash!

8 minutes ago, samo II said:

His goal was the kind of ruthless finishing that we have so often lacked this season.

Can certainty see him notching more before the end of the campaign.

Exactly. It's the sort of goal that Andre Gray would score against us. 

He looked really comfortable on the ball and I can already see why Stoke fans feel the way they do about him. 

Defjnitely the sort of player we should be after for next year. 

Abousteley had a stormed of a home debt although will be interesting to see how he does against higher opposition but you can see his premier league quality.  

He Would be on high wages and if carries on form expect top 6 teams in champ to be after him , also is he injury prone ?? 

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Exactly. It's the sort of goal that Andre Gray would score against us. 

He looked really comfortable on the ball and I can already see why Stoke fans feel the way they do about him. 

Defjnitely the sort of player we should be after for next year. 

Were Wilbraham to leave (and ideally replaced by a younger but similar type of striker) then we could certainly do with an experienced forward to replace him, and were we able to afford Odemwingie, and he was happy to come here, then I'd love to see him stay.

I saw enough in him today to think that (bad injury accepted) he's one of those 30-somethings who look like a late 20s.  Very similar to Wilbs using that comparison.

I'm not sure he'll come here, but boy has he some quality....he played loads deeper late on, and looked so comfortable.  Think he's more likely to get the deal he wants abroad (not a return to Cardiff!).

(again a different comparison but I saw Etoo play centre midfield for that Russian side v Liverpool a few years ago. For me Etoo was your typical out and out goal scoring striker, but just came alive in the box....Lineker-like.  Never imagined he could play in the middle of the park, but he was the best player on the pitch)

He'd be a great signing on a 1/2 year deal. 

He may be 34 but his legs don't seem to know that yet, if the physio's think he is fit enough, that's good enough for me.

I think with advances in sports science these days, the age footballers will play onto is only get older, we've seen that over the last 5/10 years. Off the top of my head Sylvan Distin is 37 and playing in the prem and before you say it's only goal keepers who play to their late thirties, we all remember which 38 year scored the winner against us at Wembley in 2008! Age is just a number.

If he keeps getting goals/assisting there will be an offer of that there will be no doubt!

We took on Wade for experience and quality and SL has already made the comment we miss that experience, a requirement at this level in the dressing room and on the field, not to mention the bloke looked as fit as anything!

It will be a matter of him liking the area and us offering the right money and no Prem club coming in, however even if that happens it will be  choice based upon possible playing time....I think we have every chance of him being here and a contract being offered if he is a key player in the next few weeks. Would you want to face PO as a Championship defender....I wouldn't!

15 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

If he keeps getting goals/assisting there will be an offer of that there will be no doubt!

We took on Wade for experience and quality and SL has already made the comment we miss that experience, a requirement at this level in the dressing room and on the field, not to mention the bloke looked as fit as anything!

It will be a matter of him liking the area and us offering the right money and no Prem club coming in, however even if that happens it will be  choice based upon possible playing time....I think we have every chance of him being here and a contract being offered if he is a key player in the next few weeks. Would you want to face PO as a Championship defender....I wouldn't!

I reckon I'd do better facing him as a defender than if I was facing him as a winger. He'd be out of position for a start!

Based on Saturday's all round performance I'd want to keep the lot of them.

Keep the older ones on for a season's permanent signing on a decent enough wage whilst the younger ones improve and we secure some longer term signings.

Fits with a consolidation and building for a push season.

And as for old ones on a highish salary what was David James on?

7 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Based on Saturday's all round performance I'd want to keep the lot of them.

Keep the older ones on for a season's permanent signing on a decent enough wage whilst the younger ones improve and we secure some longer term signings.

Fits with a consolidation and building for a push season.

And as for old ones on a highish salary what was David James on?

Too much, but it's irrelevant. That's a time we 100% do not want to repeat.

I hope the club will break the rules for certain players like Tomlin and Baker, sure you will have to bump the likes of Flint who has proven he can play at this level, but if that's the quality you need you will have to pay the going rate (for some).

Archived