IGNORED

Nahki Wells

Kingswoodactor

4 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

How much do you think he'd cost in today's current market?I reckon about£3.5-4 million.

People talking about how much they want for Kodjia who's got 1 or 2 less league goals than Wells and its 4,5,6m. Wells is roughly the same age(think a bit younger)and has done it for a few years now. I don't know what his contract is like but I'm assuming he'd cost every bit of 5m. Would be a good signing but probably costs too much for us. 

14 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Not been a regular enough goalscorer in this league to be worth the purchase IMO. 

His ratio is a goal every three games in the Championship. That's not too shabby especially playing for a team like Huddersfield 

Is he any better than we already have?

kodjia is a one in 3 striker who will certainly improve with some coaching and odemwingie is a prem striker who is already off the mark and will score plenty. He is someone we could stand a good chance of signing in the summer. If anything, it will be wilbraham that needs replacing.

3 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Is he any better than we already have?

kodjia is a one in 3 striker who will certainly improve with some coaching and odemwingie is a prem striker who is already off the mark and will score plenty. He is someone we could stand a good chance of signing in the summer. If anything, it will be wilbraham that needs replacing.

Depends on our formation. He's better than everyone at striker not named Kodjia. Even then it's close. I think he'll be too expensive though. I'd rather find good deals elsewhere 

I work with a Huddersfield season ticket holder who I strongly suspect would snap your hand off for £3.5million. Offers nothing outside the penalty area and his finishing is dodgy. David Wagner has then playing very attacking football and (I've been told) in the time since he arrived, Huddersfield are he second top scorers in the league. But they've lost games they've dominated partly because of Wells' (and others) finishing

Agard isn't really much of a striker to compare with. League one at best. In the same vein, I don't see wells as a striker that would help us push for top half of the table.

i am still adamant we should be signing Adam Armstrong from Newcastle. Much better prospect and possibly not as expensive at this point in time.

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Agard isn't really much of a striker to compare with. League one at best. In the same vein, I don't see wells as a striker that would help us push for top half of the table.

i am still adamant we should be signing Adam Armstrong from Newcastle. Much better prospect and possibly not as expensive at this point in time.

Adam Armstrong may well be leading Newcastle's bid to return to the Premier League the way things are going. It's a similar thing with as with Baker really

54 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

I don't disagree that Armstrong looks a fantastic prospect, but the problem is that as with the likes of Andre Gray when he was at Luton, we'd now be back of the queue for him, and his ridiculous form will make him a target for clubs we cannot compete with financially.  

53 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Adam Armstrong may well be leading Newcastle's bid to return to the Premier League the way things are going. It's a similar thing with as with Baker really

I suspect it is more likely Baker will be available than Armstrong, if only because of his age.

I think we are past smith IMO. That ship has come and gone and we should be looking at better targets if the aim is to move up the table.

re: Adam Armstrong, yes his stock will be high but we can compete financially with a large percentage of the league and as most of the top teams will already have top strikers, it puts us in a good position. I also think Newcastle will survive. Norwich will still end up down with Sunderland and villa so there is every chance Newcastle won't use Armstrong next season. 

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

I also think Newcastle will survive.

Bold prediction; I've watched them a good few times this season, and work with a Newcastel season ticket holder, and I've seen and heard very little to support that.

Things will be clearer later this afternoon; fail to beat Sunderland (who look organised and prepared for a dog fight) and I don't think Newcastle will stay up, as their run in is not easy.

Regardless of that; expect Armstrong to be given his change their next year or sold, and though would be great to think we might attract him, suggest he might have suitors closer to home and with a bit more money, al la Boro, Hull or similar Northern teams in the lower Prem/top end Championship.

Why on earth would Wells join us?

At a similar sized Championship club already who are just above us in the league.

No reason at all why we would be attractive to him and no reason why Huddersfield will sell, either.

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Why on earth would Wells join us?

At a similar sized Championship club already who are just above us in the league.

No reason at all why we would be attractive to him and no reason why Huddersfield will sell, either.

it's selling the clubs ambition and also the most important thing to a modern day footballer, a fatter pay cheque.

Not sure why he'd come here, from his point of view. He's starting games, scoring goals and Huddersfield are in a pretty similar position to us at the minute, lower down but looking good to push on next season. They've got that ex-Dortmund No.2 in charge and though results haven't been the most consistent by all accounts they've been playing some really good stuff. Think they'll be something of a dark horse next season.

10 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Not sure why he'd come here, from his point of view. He's starting games, scoring goals and Huddersfield are in a pretty similar position to us at the minute, lower down but looking good to push on next season. They've got that ex-Dortmund No.2 in charge and though results haven't been the most consistent by all accounts they've been playing some really good stuff. Think they'll be something of a dark horse next season.

Money talks in football, this weeks badge kisser, next weeks different badge kisser.

5 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Don't think we'd have a chance at signing Armstrong, very bright prospect.

Archived