IGNORED

It's the Championship life for me

reddogkev

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

MK are now 4/5 for the drop. Rotherham are now 11/4 Fulham 9/2 and city 22/1. personally I think Brentford are in more trouble than us given their dreadful form recently

Same bookies that had Leicester as 5000/1 for the Premier? I know bookmakers usually get it right, but I'm waiting for the maths to say we're safe, not the odds.

44 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Fair play to Brighton…but denying the lower tier to away fans to gain some advantage struck me as a tad pathetic when we were there a few weeks back and I was delighted it had no positive impact on their performance. I'll be all the more delighted to see them go down. 

Not really any different to us moving the away fans from the tunnel end this season to give us a bit more "advantage". 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Just watched the MK highlights. Very lucky to still be in it at the death. Pen miss must have been a depressing moment for them…as was McFadzean getting a straight red. If you were a fan of theirs - not that many are! - you'd fear the worst.

Interesting that Brighton had the lower tier denied to us.

Brighton took 7k, edit, covered above!

Hull away will be tough and we could be 3 points outside relegation again with a loss (Mk Dons v Fulham is the same day and Rotherham home to Leeds, we could do with draws in both of these games) the big games are Rotherham and Sheff Wed both at home, win those and I think we should be ok, but I'm not counting any chickens until it's a certainty, Rotherham will be very tough the form they are in, and Sheff Wed are doing really well.  If we pick up 4 points from those 3 games that puts us on 47 with 5 to play and would be a good return, I think we need at least 50 points due to Rotherhams form

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Hull away will be tough and we could be 3 points outside relegation again with a loss (Mk Dons v Fulham is the same day and Rotherham home to Leeds, we could do with draws in both of these games) the big games are Rotherham and Sheff Wed both at home, win those and I think we should be ok, but I'm not counting any chickens until it's a certainty, Rotherham will be very tough the form they are in, and Sheff Wed are doing really well.  If we pick up 4 points from those 3 games that puts us on 47 with 5 to play and would be a good return, I think we need at least 50 points due to Rotherhams form

I just can't see MK Dons getting any more than 48 points - and I'd be amazed if they reach that figure.

49 points will be fine, and we'll hit that mark without any issue.

13 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

No we wont. If Fulham win we're still 6 clear of MK, if MK win we're still 5 clear of Fulham, if it's a draw we're still 5 clear of MK.

42 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Same bookies that had Leicester as 5000/1 for the Premier? I know bookmakers usually get it right, but I'm waiting for the maths to say we're safe, not the odds.

Not with the current numbers of games to go they don't...

In terms of relegation, I hope that Rotherham and MK stay up. Thinking ahead to next season I think Fulham would re-build over the summer and be a better team than both of those. So if they go down this year I think that Ritherham and MK will struggle again next year.

I would more than hope we won't be in another bottom end scrap next year (assuming we stay up), but it would be nice to know that the bottom end will have a couple of weak(er) sides.

1 hour ago, Big Brother said:

If you go here: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/tables

and click the > sign on the left, next to any team's name, you can see their movement in the table over the season. Our up-turn in form is illustrated nicely. Bolton and Charlton are flat-lining and are gonners imo. 

momentum is very important and only Rotherham and Bcfc have that. Brentford have lost 4 in a row and 7 of their last 8. If I was a betting man I would take 50/1 on  them at the moment! they were 100/1 before yesterday. 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

MK Dons have gained 6pts from their last seven games.

They also missed a 92nd minute penalty yesterday, if the roles were reversed and it was us, would you genuinely think we could still catch a side that has won so many games as we have of late over just eight games?

No I wouldn't, but I won't be happy until it's beyond all realms of possibility! If there's one thing we have been good at over the years it's been snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

2 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Not really any different to us moving the away fans from the tunnel end this season to give us a bit more "advantage". 

I agree…and having moved the away fans back to the tunnel it doesn't appear to have had a negative impact on our performances…certainly didn't yesterday!

Archived