IGNORED

Penalty - Why was it not given?

Abraham Romanovich

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

We was in the Family bit. Even Toby who's 11 was on his feet.

If it had been awarded and if we'd scored and if we'd not missed the other 2 it would have been 9-0.

Oh well. I'll take 6 ;)

I don't think that is a designated safe standing section, next time I see that I'll have a word with the stewards to eject Toby.

21 hours ago, 1960maaan said:
21 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

No consistency from refs.

Another ref might have given a foul against Tomlin for high foot when he nicked the ball and ran through to score. Thankfully he let that one go.

That looked worse on the highlights, if that was against us I'd have been going mad. Glad he was lenient , makes a nice change for one of those to go our way.

In my opinion, Tomlin controlled the ball with his arm away from Moxey. Watch at 3.10 and 3.30 [slow mo] on ch5 League show. Moxey raises his arms in an appeal to the Ref.

https://www.my5.tv/the-championship-football-league-tonight/season-1/episode-33

CITYAREREDAN has the opinion he controlled it with his foot? The foot was high but the ball was hit downward by the arm. The Ref let this go and then Tomlin scores, perhaps he thought the mauling of Wilbs, a sure penalty shout, would have been too much of an advantage??

6 minutes ago, KernowRed said:

In my opinion, Tomlin controlled the ball with his arm away from Moxey. Watch at 3.10 and 3.30 [slow mo] on ch5 League show. Moxey raises his arms in an appeal to the Ref.

CITYAREREDAN has the opinion he controlled it with his foot? The foot was high but the ball was hit downward by the arm. The Ref let this go and then Tomlin scores, perhaps he thought the mauling of Wilbs, a sure penalty shout, would have been too much of an advantage??

in my opinion Tomlin went with his foot, it wasn't too high, Moxey just was never going put his body on the line and take one for the team, instead of even attempting to make any kind of interception, he did nothing other put his hand up in a cowardly fashion, he was the epitome of why Bolton are where they are, in short one player wanted it and the other couldn't give a shit.

As for the referee he was weak for most of the game Wheater and Pratley got away with a lot and they appeared to especially target Bryan who was subject of several meaty challenges, the good thing is Joe came through the game with flying colours and never once looked rattled.

. . . it wasn't given because the Ref & Linesman were poor.

Wheater should have been sent off for hauling him back & preventing a clear scoring opportunity but given the repeated amount of nudges, pulls, pushes & tackling from behind from him, the No. 45 & Pratley I suspect that he worked out early on that the ref was a muppet and he could get away with murder.

7 hours ago, KernowRed said:

No, Tomlin nicked it with his right foot. It was a bit high so I guess that is why Moxey appealed. But as ref would not give stonewall pen later in the half, he clearly could not be bothered to blow his whistle for a high boot.

As an afterthought, some on here were advocating in January window that we should try to sign Moxey. Thank goodness we did not!

On 20/03/2016 at 16:50, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Supersavers awaits Tommy, in fact it could have been 2 penalties.

Mind you the standard of refereeing in the English leagues is appalling, Oliver just must a nailed on penalty in the Manc derby.

Should've gone to specsavers EMB. Might be able to re-read what ya type ;)

10 hours ago, KernowRed said:

How the hell can you say it touched his arm? His arm was no where near. Such a strange thing to say it's funny

11 hours ago, foghornred said:

How many stonewall penalties should we have had this season and how many more points would we have and if given we may still have Cotts as our manager.

I wonder if it is just poor refereeing of if there is something more sinister 

Likely tied in with faked moon landings, the Illuminati, and Elizabeth II being a shapeshifting lizard.

Archived