IGNORED

Bolton Player Ratings........

Chalkie

I enjoyed what he had to say about highly-rated Josh Vela:

Did nothing of note apart from commit a series of fouls and get booked. There has been a clamour to see him in midfield and based on this performance it is hard to see why. He should take a long hard look at the performance of City academy graduate Joe Bryan to see the level he should be aiming for.

7 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Reading that makes you realise, on top of all their financial woes, just how difficult it must be to support Bolton at this time.

Yeah; feel sorry for their fans, and don't seem a bad bunch - must be  a pretty grim experience.

He makes a few comments that had also struck me about them.

Firstly their keeper, I don't think he made a single save in a 6-0 defeat, he was rubbish.

Wheater, one with a big reputation based on his past career, but he was truly awful, so slow.

Davies, who was subbed at HT was the guy Wednesday pulled out of a deal for in January when they found he was on £20k a week, he was completely useless.

Pratley and Vela did spend much more time fouling than playing.

Finally Madine was very much fighting a lone battle, although Baker and Flint are not 2 blokes you'd want to pick a fight with, unlike his team mates he at least didn't give up.

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He makes a few comments that had also struck me about them.

Firstly their keeper, I don't think he made a single save in a 6-0 defeat, he was rubbish.

Wheater, one with a big reputation based on his past career, but he was truly awful, so slow.

Davies, who was subbed at HT was the guy Wednesday pulled out of a deal for in January when they found he was on £20k a week, he was completely useless.

Pratley and Vela did spend much more time fouling than playing.

Finally Madine was very much fighting a lone battle, although Baker and Flint are not 2 blokes you'd want to pick a fight with, unlike his team mates he at least didn't give up.

I wouldn't pick a fight with Madine, before I didn't pick a fight with our two.

36 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Reading that makes you realise, on top of all their financial woes, just how difficult it must be to support Bolton at this time.

It's the rough, to go with the smooth they had a few years ago now

Interesting read.  Bolton were very poor but I thought the big guy up front (Madine?) played ok and Danns was fairly lively when he came on. Their defence, though, was shocking and overall they had very little spirit. 

Did City once show interest in signing Dobbie?

1 hour ago, Chalkie said:

On the subject of the goalkeeper, it makes you wonder if Bolton studied him  before signing,

Have a look at this Youtube Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XaIewFtTM 

I remember when he played for man utd. He was a good up and coming keeper on champ manager back in the day. My god that was a long time ago.

Fan's View from the Bolton News ...

AFTER a three-hour sprint down England’s motorways, we arrived in Bristol seeking the Dove Cote, one of the best away day pubs we’ve been to over the years.

Sadly, the place was gutted in a fire a couple of years ago but it has been rebuilt and it has risen from the ashes as the "Ashton".

It might have lost its thatched roof but the food and ale are still superb.

Hopes were high after the tumultuous changes over the past week.

Our new owners have made a swift start, bringing in people with Bolton in their hearts.

We accept we will be relegated, so the feeling was that we could blood a few youngsters, give it a go and at least go down fighting.

How wrong we were.

This was an embarrassment and a disgrace.

We got hammered 6-0 and we were lucky to get nil.

I exempt the youngsters from criticism as it is very difficult for them to come into a team with zero motivation.

Everybody’s future is insecure but if a player is picked to play for Bolton Wanderers, then I expect them to wear the shirt with pride and stand up and be counted, despite being led by someone who has great difficulty staying on his feet in a tackle.

Nearly 700 Bolton fans turned up, hoping to witness the dawn of the new era and we were reduced to chanting "We want one" in response to the Bristol fans’ "We want seven!"

We’re "Bolton ‘til we die" unlike most of the players.

Looking at the state we are in, next season is more likely to be another battle against relegation than a challenge for promotion.

Our new owners have a huge challenge ahead of them.

They need a viable business plan.

First they have to balance the books and stop the club losing money. This can only be done through reviewing costs both on and off the field, although the big savings are going to come from the players’ wage bill.

Once that has been sorted, we can see where we are and then rebuild from there.

We’ve done it before as any fan old enough to remember the 1970s will tell you, when we dropped into the bottom tier.

We rose from the ashes with youngsters like Big Sam and Peter Reid. We’ll be back. I just don’t know when or how.

17 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Fan's View from the Bolton News ...

AFTER a three-hour sprint down England’s motorways, we arrived in Bristol seeking the Dove Cote, one of the best away day pubs we’ve been to over the years.

Sadly, the place was gutted in a fire a couple of years ago but it has been rebuilt and it has risen from the ashes as the "Ashton".

It might have lost its thatched roof but the food and ale are still superb.

Hopes were high after the tumultuous changes over the past week.

Our new owners have made a swift start, bringing in people with Bolton in their hearts.

We accept we will be relegated, so the feeling was that we could blood a few youngsters, give it a go and at least go down fighting.

How wrong we were.

This was an embarrassment and a disgrace.

We got hammered 6-0 and we were lucky to get nil.

I exempt the youngsters from criticism as it is very difficult for them to come into a team with zero motivation.

Everybody’s future is insecure but if a player is picked to play for Bolton Wanderers, then I expect them to wear the shirt with pride and stand up and be counted, despite being led by someone who has great difficulty staying on his feet in a tackle.

Nearly 700 Bolton fans turned up, hoping to witness the dawn of the new era and we were reduced to chanting "We want one" in response to the Bristol fans’ "We want seven!"

We’re "Bolton ‘til we die" unlike most of the players.

Looking at the state we are in, next season is more likely to be another battle against relegation than a challenge for promotion.

Our new owners have a huge challenge ahead of them.

They need a viable business plan.

First they have to balance the books and stop the club losing money. This can only be done through reviewing costs both on and off the field, although the big savings are going to come from the players’ wage bill.

Once that has been sorted, we can see where we are and then rebuild from there.

We’ve done it before as any fan old enough to remember the 1970s will tell you, when we dropped into the bottom tier.

We rose from the ashes with youngsters like Big Sam and Peter Reid. We’ll be back. I just don’t know when or how.

Actually feel for this guy......

Archived