IGNORED

My first City kit

alexukhc

14 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Think mine was the red blackthorn kit with the thin black lines all over it. Looking back that was an horrific shirt!

Same as the OP's but with a different sponsor. Remember having a t-shirt (not kit obviously) which said 'when City play, it's definitely a Dry Blackthorn day' with the city badge and Blackthorn logo, they sold them in the club shop....funny thing is, I was 12 so it must have been in a kids size.....advertising booze :rofl2br:

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Same as the OP's but with a different sponsor. Remember having a t-shirt (not kit obviously) which said 'when City play, it's definitely a Dry Blackthorn day' with the city badge and Blackthorn logo, they sold them in the club shop....funny thing is, I was 12 so it must have been in a kids size.....advertising booze :rofl2br:

Those were the days when kids could wear booze logos and nobody thought anything of it. Also seemed to be the days when city produced the same kit but just changed the sponsor and nobody thought anything of it. 

Yes I had both home and away bought for me both seasons Christmas and birthday respectively. 

1981 I think, was 5 and my new sister had just been born, not a city kit just the generic Umbro one bought by my heavily pregnant mum from Asda to keep me happy.

Remember being in a hairdressers in Manchester, where we lived at the time and trying to explain it was Bristol City.

also remember we had fried chicken that night my sister was born.

@ivorguy would remember it with more clarity!

6 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

is one of the pics back to front?

Yeah, my white away shirt definitely had the badge on the left. 

I think the above (which I randomly copied from Google images) is a scan from the bubblegum cards popular in the late 70s. What is certain is that this was taken at THAT game at Highbury, 76.

9 hours ago, alexukhc said:

This was my first City kit, what was yours? Do you have a pic? Share 

That was my first kit - was mascot against west brom, got some cracking pictues of me kicking the ball about in front of the EE when it was still all standing and there was snow piled up at the side of the pitch.

Reply to Rumred from his father.

I may be older but I don't get the date of my daughter's birth wrong.  It was 1982 not 1981 !!!

You were more pleased with the shirt and Kentucky Fried Chicken than the arrival of a sister

Supporting Bristol City trumps everything.  Remember watching City goals on my wedding night

CTID

1967ish ? I can't tell you how excited I was to get a plain red shirt,shorts and socks, and very proudly (prowdley?) wore them on Baptist Mills pitch first time out .

bristol_city_1965-1969.gif

BristolCity1969_595x480.jpg

That's NOT me in the picture btw, just an example ;)

Archived