IGNORED

Tom Heaton Called Up

Taz

16 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Good on him! Means weve had 3 England international keepers in the last 5 years (one of whom even played!).

4, if we count U21 squad, isn't it? Parish, Fielding, James, and Heaton?

2 hours ago, samo II said:

Heston certainty got a lot of practice in goal for us...

Good on him; solid pro and quality player in a team not overflowing with them when he was here.

We had a top chef playing for us as well :whistle:

1 hour ago, Gilts said:

Heaton was a massively average keeper for us. Had a shit defence infront of him but he hardly inspired confidence either, rememember just like Fielding he didn't command his area. He's got better since leaving us. 

A shit defence? That is being kind. 

On 21 March 2016 at 13:08, Super said:

One of the best keepers I can remember at AG.

Agreed, he was class.

My all time favourite keeper was John Shaw, should have played for Scotland but seemingly was overlooked due to logistics!

Hate to say it but the best keeper I've seen play against us for many a year is Cardiff's Marshall, how he's not been snapped up by a premier league club is remarkable, he's got quality in all aspects of his game.

Anyone remember Bo Anderson, Danish U21 international keeper we had during the Benny Lenartson days....Also, anyone remember Stuart Naylor back around 1993 time, who picked up a blatant back pass in the first game after the rule came in (in front of the Wedlock) and gave away an indirect free kick that led to a goal - tool!

21 hours ago, EnderMB said:

I like Heaton, but his inclusion just goes to show that England have very little depth in some positions.

No it doesn't, he's probably our 5th best keeper behind Hart, Butland, Forster and Foster. If he was second choice I'd agree but we've got a good group of keepers. 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Edinburghred said:

Anyone remember Bo Anderson, Danish U21 international keeper we had during the Benny Lenartson days....Also, anyone remember Stuart Naylor back around 1993 time, who picked up a blatant back pass in the first game after the rule came in (in front of the Wedlock) and gave away an indirect free kick that led to a goal - tool!

And once described as the next Peter Schmeichel

Archived