IGNORED

West Stand seats for next season.

Red Tel

• Admin
1 hour ago, Red Tel said:

Can't see that anyone would want to buy a season ticket in block 14 of the West Stand next season. The view will be terrible with that bl**dy gert TV gantry in the way!

I did wonder what the point of one of the photos was lol

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

'The pitch is to be moved 2 metres closer to the front of the West Stand ahead of the 2016/17 season.'

Does this mean the pitch will be wider next season, or will it be 2 metres further away from the Dolman? :dunno:

Depends who we sign this summer. If we get Albert back.....

6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I would rather they made the goal we are attacking 2 meters wider.

Why the hell don't they put some thought into these things first?

Some of the spoons I've seen at the Gate, it needs to be 2 metres higher not wider.

I know we've moved rugby into the Gate but it doesn't mean we need conversions in footy games.

16 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

'The pitch is to be moved 2 metres closer to the front of the West Stand ahead of the 2016/17 season.'

Does this mean the pitch will be wider next season, or will it be 2 metres further away from the Dolman? :dunno:

2 metres further away. It was shoved over towards the Dolman so they had as much space as possible to work on the West Stand. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

2 metres further away. It was shoved over towards the Dolman so they had as much space as possible to work on the West Stand. 

Cheers Dolly. 

Looks to me from the main picture in the West Stand link that there will be quite an expanse of grass between the new stand and the touchline on that side. Perhaps that accounts for most of the extra grass and the pitch markings themselves Dolman side will remain much the same?

Hopefully, from my point of view in the Lower Dolman that will be the case. 

For those who buy seats in the LD to be relatively close to the action moving the touchline 2 metres further away would make quite a difference.

19 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Moving 2.5 metres toward West Stand, so yes 2.5 metres away from Dolman.

To provide an wider "off pitch" area of grass for the rugby for player safety reasons. 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Moving 2.5 metres toward West Stand, so yes 2.5 metres away from Dolman,

This was my point though CA.

With what appears to be very expansive grassy 'technical areas' in front of the new West Stand (if the picture is an accurate representation) it may be that the pitch markings themselves will not actually be moved (much) away from the Dolman.

If the touchline is to be moved 8ft+ away from the Dolman, that's a big difference which fans will want to be aware of when deciding where to buy their ST.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If the touchline is to be moved 8ft+ away from the Dolman, that's a big difference which fans will want to be aware of when deciding where to buy their ST.

I understand that the "grass" will be getting 2m wider, but I wonder if the pitch is moving that far too, or will be less so that there is a bigger run off on the West side?

If the whole pitch is moving sideways then yes, the near touchline to the Dolman will be further across, and it will also affect the home fans in the Atyeo corner

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

This was my point though CA.

With what appears to be very expansive grassy 'technical areas' in front of the new West Stand (if the picture is an accurate representation) it may be that the pitch markings themselves will not actually be moved (much) away from the Dolman.

Currently the goal isn't in the centre of the SS, looking at the webcam, on the fly through it is, and when the pitch markings move over it will be in reality.

Unfortunately this will isolate our singers in the Atyeo even further, they will easily have the worse view in the ground.

45 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Currently the goal isn't in the centre of the SS, looking at the webcam, on the fly through it is, and when the pitch markings move over it will be in reality.

Unfortunately this will isolate our singers in the Atyeo even further, they will easily have the worse view in the ground.

How far do you estimate the goal would have to move to be central?

The full 2.5 metres (8ft+) as suggested above, or less?

I think it will be the full 2.5 m, you check at the next home match by standing in that section behind the goal.

Also I think the recommended run off area for rugby is 5 metres all round the pitch.

I currently sit in the Lower Dolman, E32 block. I had planned on moving across to the West Stand, but it’s very hard to justify spending an additional £100 for what will be very similar type seats. There is already plenty of legroom in the Lower Dolman. I would prefer to sit somewhere a little more central if I could though. E31, I guess.

I guess if the pitch is moved 2 metres towards the new stand, it’ll be easier to see the end of the pitch to my left, even if it’s slightly further away. The photos the club have released of the view from different blocks in the West Stand don’t really help matters.

Will the new floodlights be fixed under the West Stand roof?

30 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Playing area is very big as it is but if we can widen the pitch 2 meters that would benefit a fit team. As for the rugby, as much I love them, they draw lines all over the place. I see no reason why the pitch should be moved from the Dolman. Think outside the box.

*thinking of the center circle*

Now what do I do?

On 23 March 2016 at 12:18, Red Tel said:

Can't see that anyone would want to buy a season ticket in block 14 of the West Stand next season. The view will be terrible with that bl**dy gert TV gantry in the way!

And dont forget four massive floodlight poles. Cant believe you'd build a new ground and leave restricted views from floodlight poles.............:grr:

Archived