IGNORED

Adam Matthews

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Cotterill seems to be enjoying best form of his career after seemingly going nowhere at Barnsley and Donny.  Seems to have been busy in the local tattoo shop too.

2 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Am I right in thinking that 4 of Wales starting line-up either play, or have played for us?

Hennessy never actually played a game did he? 

Wes Burns has to be close to the squad if that's the lineup. I know they are short quite a few of their usual starters but their attacking options aren't great looking at that. Lawrence wasn't very good for Blackburn against us(got Baker sent off). Looked OK with Cardiff at the gate. Williams I think is the one from Fulham who is on loan in League 1. I can't help but think we've stunted his growth a bit by not playing him or bringing in more players sooner so he could go on loan quicker. 

20 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Didn`t we manage to crock Vokes about 5 minutes after we signed him - one of our long line of loanees we crippled.

We brought in so many loan players in those last few years in the championship I barely remember them..

11 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

We brought in so many loan players in those last few years in the championship I barely remember them..

I'm with you Tomarse.

I can't remember watching Vokes......but I do remember hearing Vokes....

Cracking.

32 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

You sure we had Federici? Dont remember that.

Definitely. We've actually had a few goalkeepers on loan over the years that have gone on to play in the Prem, but never managed a first team appearance for us (or very few minutes at most).

Hennessy was on loan, Though I don't think he played. Foster, Myhill and Federici loaned in, also never played.

Ruddy signed for one game (emergency) and got MOM vs Huddersfield away.

Just to add another to the list.

A thread on a Welsh international hijacked by a convo on loan goalies.... More interesting I guess ;)

12 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Cotterill seems to be enjoying best form of his career after seemingly going nowhere at Barnsley and Donny.  Seems to have been busy in the local tattoo shop too.

Not according to a lot of Birmingham fans, and I've seen it in the flesh - he can deliver a good ball but rarely runs forward in the final third; stops, turns and looks sideways... Frequently gets in the way of Caddis (who got called up for the scots), never offers an option and doesn't put a foot in.

To cut him some slack, he could still be recovering from an injury just before Christmas but I wouldn't say in the form of his life. Tends to bang in a freekick every now and then these days.

9 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Hennessy was on loan, Though I don't think he played. Foster, Myhill and Federici loaned in, also never played.

Ruddy signed for one game (emergency) and got MOM vs Huddersfield away.

Just to add another to the list.

A thread on a Welsh international hijacked by a convo on loan goalies.... More interesting I guess ;)

Carlisle.

Archived