IGNORED

Euro's

frenchred

Whilst, with my 122nd birthday imminently now looming, I am, inevitably, nearing the end of my natural life, I very much suspect Wales might just be capable of giving us a severe jolt up the rear of somewhere really quite sensitive if we do not pay them the utmost respect.

And I say this with the greatest sincerity.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I think it's a dangerous game for England. It's a cup final for Wales, they will inevitably raise their game and Bale alone is a reason to be concerned. I certainly wouldn't be using an under-strength side in a low key friendly against NI as the barometer.

Yep a bit like Sneyd Park v Leicester City.

They are shite! Nothing for us mighty whites to worry about

24 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I think it's a dangerous game for England. It's a cup final for Wales, they will inevitably raise their game and Bale alone is a reason to be concerned. I certainly wouldn't be using an under-strength side in a low key friendly against NI as the barometer.

True. Never underestimate a chippy country determined to beat the Motherland.

My prediction: Wales will nick a 1-0 win from a Bale wonder goal or free kick, we will draw with Russia then just about beat Slovenia and go through via best 3rd place.

Subsequently we will be knocked out by one of the big boys.

I have no doubt we have some talent coming through; Kane, Stones, Barkley, Clyne. But other than Kane are they really good enough to threaten the worlds best? Don't think so.

We have a manager who is a yes man and will pick a team by name rather than on merit, he plays defensive football which is our weakness as our defending is woeful.

I would love to see England do well and get to the semis but just can't see it until the structure of Management is changed at the FA, we should be playing with no fear and a manager who is not afraid to take risks.

On paper, England should win the group with ease. This is why we play the games however. Wales has less talent bar a couple positions but will play more together as a group than England. Even though England dominated qualifying they were quite lacklustre at times and I question their passion as an entire team. It should be a team that can push for a semi final place but sadly I think they'll scrape by in second in the group and lose quite comfortably(not by score line) in the first knockout round. I haven't seen anything recently to change my opinion on that. 

12 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Will England take players in form and fit for a change? That is the question,or will Roy pick sterling and Rooney,or even worse Wilshere,how refreshing would it be to see a fit and firing squad 

If Wilshere is fit he has to go, did you watch the games when he got 6 out of 7 motm for England?

39 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

My prediction: Wales will nick a 1-0 win from a Bale wonder goal or free kick, we will draw with Russia then just about beat Slovenia and go through via best 3rd place.

Subsequently we will be knocked out by one of the big boys.

I have no doubt we have some talent coming through; Kane, Stones, Barkley, Clyne. But other than Kane are they really good enough to threaten the worlds best? Don't think so.

We have a manager who is a yes man and will pick a team by name rather than on merit, he plays defensive football which is our weakness as our defending is woeful.

I would love to see England do well and get to the semis but just can't see it until the structure of Management is changed at the FA, we should be playing with no fear and a manager who is not afraid to take risks.

Nothing like a bit of optimism, you are so evidently a glass half empty kind of guy. Bales are crap, we will beat them with ease, and Russia!

That bit in bold above could apply to City and he aint done too badly!

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Nothing like a bit of optimism, you are so evidently a glass half empty kind of guy. Bales are crap, we will beat them with ease, and Russia!

That bit in bold above could apply to City and he aint done too badly!

I wouldn't be but have been let down by England so many times now we all know what to expect. Would love to see us do something for once

On 24/03/2016 at 21:24, frenchred said:

Yep a bit like Sneyd Park v Leicester City.

They are shite! Nothing for us mighty whites to worry about

You mean the England that play Rooney,regardless of form, or even if he is lame...oh,and make him Captain.the England that will view quarter finals in the Euro's as success...is that the one???.....   .... .. .....    .. .   .    ..    .....

56 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Shame the England v Wales game is at 2pm on a weekday, so most of the nation won't get to see it.

Bizarre timings.

I can't say I know who's interested in football that is working that afternoon. 

Plenty of holiday days went in our place for the Thursday and Friday back in Decenber when the draw was made. 

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I can't say I know who's interested in football that is working that afternoon. 

Plenty of holiday days went in our place for the Thursday and Friday back in Decenber when the draw was made. 

I'm sure there must be plenty of football fans who would love to watch it but simply can't get the time off though. There's absolutely no need for it to be on at 2pm. Logistically it makes no sense and represents a disaster for UK businesses

8 hours ago, CiderHider said:

Wer wont win a single match in the EURO's becuase Hodgson is a dick and keeps playing Lallana.

Cider seriously??? get a grip even woy can't f..k it up that badly unless he goes for his usual pit ponies

Archived