IGNORED

230 tickets sold for Hull up to last Tuesday

55 minutes ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

You'll all be welcome in the East Riding. They love Southerners like me round here.

Most of them said they couldn't understand me when I used to live up there, in Pocklington.

Mind you, I couldn't understand them either!!

29 minutes ago, swampy said:

Blo6y hell.  Gas took more away in every game in the Conference than this other than Lincoln and Wrexham.  Poor show.

It's a fair old trek to be fair. 230 tickets sold was over a week ago! Wouldn't be surprised to see us around the 500 mark now.

23 hours ago, ForeverRed said:

Most of them said they couldn't understand me when I used to live up there, in Pocklington.

Mind you, I couldn't understand them either!!

Pocklington's about 30 miles from me. The Yorkshire Wolds are beautiful if anyone's spending any time here this weekend.

I'm attempting to teach the kids to speak proper by playing them The Wurzels. I'm fighting a losing battle, although my youngest (3) does shout out "BRISTOL CITY!!" in an excited voice whenever she sees a flag of any description.

Good work, you keep at it. We moved back to Bristol after a couple of years for work so my daughter didn't get the chance to speak Yorkshire. Luckily she speaks proper Bristolian now.

The Wolds are really lovely, and probably would have stayed longer if different circumstances. Only bad time was driving to Cardiff for the Brighton Playoff........ got a speeding ticket in each direction! And of course the result!!

1 hour ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

Me and the old man are on the 07:01 paddington from parkway, then the 09:37 off kings cross, one other person maybe coming with us as it's his birthday game... Looking forward to this one!

Good effort ! 

For London reds Hull isn't so bad and Hull trains generally do a good service, when I'm back working there next septemver will think about it if Hull stay down ofc 

On 29 March 2016 at 17:40, swampy said:

Blo6y hell.  Gas took more away in every game in the Conference than this other than Lincoln and Wrexham.  Poor show.

I wonder why they failed to show at both those places, just maybe because they knew they'd have no chance of bullying then locals. Probably should have stayed away from Newport too by all accounts!

If you're looking for pubs, there's plenty in and around the main train station, with a Spoons and a few other bars just off Ferensway and on Anlaby Road, which leads towards the stadium. Not sure how away fan friendly they are though.

Personally, I think the bar at Mercure Hotel which adjoins the train station, is a hidden gem.

If you're driving in and looking for something a bit more "rural", I can recommend the Fox & Coney at South Cave (on the A1034, just off the A63) and The Star at Sancton (a little further up the A1034 from South Cave).

Archived