IGNORED

Wilbs signs for another year

CyderInACan

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Not really seeing we hardly have any strikers. Should of terminated his contract, a waste of wages next season better spent on someone younger.

Wilbraham's target man role with his knock downs and flick ons will be incredibly valuable to either Kodjia or whoever we sign in the summer. He's a natural athlete with undoubtedly a year left in him. Excellent dressing room presence and leadership.

The target man role is far more resistant to age than the poacher role,so as long as he is used in a style consistent with his age he will be fine. He won't exactly be our poacher for the entire 90, will he? But that has never been his playstyle. He unsettles defensive lines which will be paramount to our newer formation, which features Tomlin and Odemwingie as an attacking presence from slightly deeper. While Bolton were awful opposition he really opened up their defence by slowing down play to enable Tomlin and Odemwingie to surge forward- the 2nd and 3rd goals are evidence of this. Just in case you want evidence of a performance against a credible side, at Ipswich he came on in the 60th minute and used his role to worry the Ipswich defenders and stop them from playing a higher backline to supplement their attack as a quick flick from Wilbs to Kodjia (or Agard at the time) can be an excellent tactic for a counter attack.

He should be kept and I look forward to seeing his role next season. Cult hero perhaps?

I reckon we need to keep all our players as well as sign a few more (obviously some of the loans will be off anyway). With no emergency loans next year we must have a bigger squad, we mustn't make the mistakes of last Summer when we let players go before signing new ones.

3 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

Not really seeing we hardly have any strikers. Should of terminated his contract, a waste of wages next season better spent on someone younger.

Spectacularly stupid comment.

4 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

If we have to rely on players leaving to bring others in we are in trouble .should be adding to the squad.bring in someone younger who gets to use wilbs as an example and learn from him sure that's what LJ sees his role as

8 minutes ago, Offside said:

Wilbs is still an asset to the team when he is used properly and I'm sure he's a good influence in the dressing room as well, so it's good he'll be around next season.

That pretty much sums up my view TBH. When he`s not being flogged to death he is a real asset still. When he comes on for the last 20-30 against tired defenders who`ve maybe been booked as well it can`t be a bad thing - I bet if you asked most random championship centre backs if they look forward to that sort of situation, the answer would be a resounding `no`. The way he and LF closed out the last 5 minutes v Ipswich was about as perfect an illustration of how to do that as you`ll ever see.

12 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Professionally reported by Stockhausen as always ...

bristol-post-wilbraham-headline.jpg

2016/2016 :facepalm:

willbs-age-2.jpg

,,, too lazy to check  on Wiki

wilbs-age.jpg

even though it would take a second.

BBC Breakfast are running a story on the baby gorilla at Bristol Zoo this morning. I'm sure it could do a better job!

I will not hear a bad word said about my Andy.

Now will someone PLEASE tell me where he lives.

I want to feast my eyes on those fingers of his.

FIRST-HAND.

Archived