IGNORED

Ronnie Corbett RIP

Selred

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Grew up loving watching the two Ronnies. I guess although life comes to an end their legacy will live on for years to come.

Can only echo this point - was a big part of growing up - comedy that is priceless and will live for ever

Corbett is most famous for his appearances alongside Ronnie Barker on The Two Ronnies in the 70s and 80s

14 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Fork Handles....  Worlds not gonna the same now we're left with the No Ronnie's....

RIP Mr Corbett, (hope you and Mr Barker meet up again in comedy heaven) 

Beat me to it !

Finest double act this country has ever produced; with this being their finest moment.

No bad language or smut throughout.

Genius !!

R.I.P.

Just heard this on the radio, sad news, loved the Two Ronnies when I was growing up. They've been showing the Rons on Gold a fair bit recently, still makes makes me laugh.

And it's goodnight from him...

Rest In Peace.

• Admin

Here are some of his best jokes:

A man was marooned on a desert island. One day a beautiful woman arrives in a wet suit. 'When did you last have a smoke?' she asks. 'Five years ago.' So she gets out a cigar and he smokes it. She unzips her wet suit a bit and says, 'When did you last have a drink?' He said, 'Five years ago.' So she gets out a bottle of Scotch and he has a drink. Then she unzips her wet suit a bit more and says, 'And when was the last time you played around?' He looks at her in amazement and says: 'You're not telling me you've got a set of golf clubs in there?'

A cement mixer collided with a prison van on the Kingston by-pass. Motorists are asked to be on the look-out for 16 hardened criminals.

We will be talking to an out of work contortionist who says he can no longer make ends meet.

There was a fire at the main Inland Revenue office in London today, but it was put out before any serious good was done.

All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my right hand.

For some time, my wife's had this ridiculous idea that I'm playing too much golf. Actually, it came to a head at about 11.30 last night. She suddenly shouted at me: "Golf, golf, golf. All you ever think about is bloody golf!". And I'll be honest, it frightened the life out of me. I mean, you don't expect to meet somebody on the 14th green at that time of night.

This is a message for seven honeymoon couples in a hotel in Peebles: Breakfast was served three days ago.

French wine growers fear that this year's vintage may be entirely spoiled due to the grape treaders' sit-in.

West Mercia police announced tonight that they wish to interview a man wearing high heels and frilly knickers, but the chief constable said they must wear their normal uniforms.

It was revealed in a government survey published today that the prime minister is doing the work of two men, Laurel and Hardy.

We'll be talking to a car designer who's crossed a Toyota with Quasimodo and come up with the Hatchback of Notre Dame.

After a series of crimes in the Glasgow area, Chief Inspector McTavish has announced that he is looking for a man with one eye. If he doesn't find him, he's going to use both eyes.

We've just heard that in the English Channel, a ship carrying red paint has collided with a ship carrying purple paint. It is believed that both crews have been marooned.

A grandfather has gone missing after eating four cans of baked beans, two cauliflowers and a jar of gherkins. His family have made an emotional appeal for him not to come home for at least a fortnight.

RIP Ronnie Corbett.

A little more laughter just died from this world when this world needs it most. 

Back with Ronnie B and causing mayhem up there I don't doubt.

Fork Handles/Four Candles undoubtedly the greatest sketch but I still like Amarillo when, with great comic timing, Ronnie accidentally falls off the treadmill. 3.05 in...

Archived