IGNORED

Torquay United

Lanterne Rouge

Well I've got a season ticket at Guiseley, who are 2 points ahead of Torquay having played a game more, so as far as I'm concerned Torquay can get knotted.

Best of luck to them in the future and all that but this season I am quite happy to see them go down.

On 3 April 2016 at 11:16, southvillekiddy said:

really love that ground Plainmoor with the special ref with x-ray vision who can see through the sea mists.

One of my best away days ever with City there some years ago (under Tinnion?). Getting tanked up down by the harbour and then up the hill. Lita got a hat-trick (or was it 4?) but there was so much mist I only saw one of the goals. Standing near the halfway line I couldn't see either goal sometimes. Still don't know how it wasn't abandoned.

F Brilliant.

Think Heff got one...

22 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Well I've got a season ticket at Guiseley, who are 2 points ahead of Torquay having played a game more, so as far as I'm concerned Torquay can get knotted.

Best of luck to them in the future and all that but this season I am quite happy to see them go down.

HiSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

We get a minbus of their proper fans, they stop for a few and a good bit o banter. They had the blue few almost as much as we do and we had a proper drink on new years day last year after they'd done a job on them at the rugby ground. Some of these guys went to most of the world cups , korea/s Africa etc, real England fans. Would be great if they could get back into the FL proper as they'd call into my pub, on A38 by J22 of M5 for a good drink after visits north of us.

On 3 April 2016 at 20:41, poland_exile said:

there's a great story I've heard from the 80s about a stolen rowing boat if anyone cares to re-tell it!? I think one of the boys involved in the caper was nicked - the third time he'd been pulled in torquay. Anyhow, some city player scored a hattrick so the local paper down there ran a front page story reporting the two city hattricks! My details might be wrong, so by all means correct me if so! 

Nolan sister had her car rocked by pissed up City fans, and a boat sank, apparently. Unfortunately we lost 1-0!

Ah that away day at Torquay in the mist was a good trip.

Seeing Lita explode a volley from 35 yards but not seeing the ball actually hit the net!

The only time in my years of attending football matches that I've been part of the chant 'can you tell us when we score?'.

My father supports them so I've got a soft spot, hope they manage to stay up.

On 4/3/2016 at 20:41, poland_exile said:

there's a great story I've heard from the 80s about a stolen rowing boat if anyone cares to re-tell it!? I think one of the boys involved in the caper was nicked - the third time he'd been pulled in torquay. Anyhow, some city player scored a hattrick so the local paper down there ran a front page story reporting the two city hattricks! My details might be wrong, so by all means correct me if so! 

I was there and I'm sure we managed to lose that game, hence the Nolan sister's car being rocked outside after the game by extremely disgruntled City fans.

Iirc. the EP reported there had been a 'riot' in a Torquay night club on the eve of the game, and a rowing boat was taken too far out by inebriated City fans who had to be rescued.

I remember being down the ticket office at AG on the Monday and Beryl Fudge was laughing about the incident.

I think one of the fans on board - the one who was notoriously arrested for the 3rd time - unfortunately died a couple of years ago.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:16, southvillekiddy said:

really love that ground Plainmoor with the special ref with x-ray vision who can see through the sea mists.

One of my best away days ever with City there some years ago (under Tinnion?). Getting tanked up down by the harbour and then up the hill. Lita got a hat-trick (or was it 4?) but there was so much mist I only saw one of the goals. Standing near the halfway line I couldn't see either goal sometimes. Still don't know how it wasn't abandoned.

F Brilliant.

I was also there that day.

Lita scored from near the half way line, no one knew what happened until he ran through the mist with the ball!

Sod the tippy-tappy, cheating Champions League. This dinosaur is off to Plainmoor to do my bit for lower league 'proper' football and scout another Vardy, or failing that to tip-off Tinman that there's another Russell down here waiting to step up.

Come on you Gulls.

I think it was little Ronnie who nicked the boat

couple of bars we used to go in during the 80's were "the yacht" and "the gibbon bar", I can still see that poor Nolan sister petrified in her car as it was being rocked side to side, seem to remember that she was seeing one of their players

25 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Sod the tippy-tappy, cheating Champions League. This dinosaur is off to Plainmoor to do my bit for lower league 'proper' football and scout another Vardy, or failing that to tip-off Tinman that there's another Russell down here waiting to step up.

Come on you Gulls.

Don't unearth another Levi Ives

Well done Torquay A  steady-eddy  2-0, decent performance and great crowd with all 3 stands getting behind the side. Should be safe now.

Tins, if you're reading this, no Alex Russell-type playing and little real quality in the Torquay side. Altringham's No 15 was top drawer though. Young, skillful, speedy winger, great crosses and decent shot. 

On getting home ....thought he had a bit of class. On loan from Burnley! 

Archived