IGNORED

First Home Game of Next Season

redapple

Will we be playing Away on August 5 ( first Saturday of the Season) in order to give an extra week for Stadium to be completed ? 

I only ask as I have a Wedding on that Saturday that I won't be able to get out of . I'm aware that the Balloon Festival takes place the following Saturday , so I assume we'll definitely be away that weekend . 

1 minute ago, redapple said:

Will we be playing Away on August 5 ( first Saturday of the Season) in order to give an extra week for Stadium to be completed ? 

I only ask as I have a Wedding on that Saturday that I won't be able to get out of . I'm aware that the Balloon Festival takes place the following Saturday , so I assume we'll definitely be away that weekend . 

Nope. You can`t assume that at all. We have been at home on balloon weekend several times. Stupid I know but there it is.

35 minutes ago, redapple said:

Apologies for being a bit pedantic but the Saturday is the 6th.

39 minutes ago, redapple said:

"CAN'T" get out of..?

Jeez, it's 5 months away. Plenty of time for even the groom to get out of it, let alone a guest! 

50 minutes ago, redapple said:

Hi Its not your wedding is it? What will your other half say if your down the gate

10 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

Hi Its not your wedding is it? What will your other half say if your down the gate

Daughter's Wedding . No way can I get out of it ! 

I'm rather hoping we get Villa or Newcastle and its played on the Friday Night or Sunday Afternoon for TV ! 

4 minutes ago, redapple said:

I'm rather hoping we get Villa or Newcastle and its played on the Friday Night or Sunday Afternoon for TV ! 

You're letting her marry someone who'd arrange their wedding during the football season..?! 

32 minutes ago, redapple said:

Cum on your daughters wedding?

F... me there has to be a 100 city games to go to  one wedding. And yeah iv been there.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apologies for being a bit pedantic but the Saturday is the 6th.

Your correct the 6th is a Saturday , the wedding was originally planned for the Friday and that dates still in my mind . 

Wish it was still on the Friday , but had problems with Some family making it on that date . Should of said 'Sod 'em' with hindsight . 

9 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

I can assure you that wouldn't happen now. The balloon fest is a huge event now.

Makes little difference, we've been home several times recently when it's on. The FL only consider it 

10 hours ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

I can assure you that wouldn't happen now. The balloon fest is a huge event now.

I think the balloon fiesta was far bigger a while back than it is now, it was live on Sky one year with bands like Busted, Blue, Steps and Atomic Kitten performing there.

We played at home in those days, once against QPR I think, so no reason why we won't again, although it would obviously make sense for us to be away that weekend from a logistics point of view.

13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nope. You can`t assume that at all. We have been at home on balloon weekend several times. Stupid I know but there it is.

I think your wrong.the police request to FA that we play first game away.they haven't got the man power to do both CITY and balloon fiesta.just incase we get paired with high risk game.

9 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

There is a reason I got married in the June of an odd numbered year....

When we decided to get married we agreed it would be at Gretna Green with no big invite list etc.

To decide the date we looked at the fixture list, found City playing at Carlisle on 21st April so got married on the 20th just 5 miles away :)

Promotion season and a 3-1 win to boot!

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think the balloon fiesta was far bigger a while back than it is now, it was live on Sky one year with bands like Busted, Blue, Steps and Atomic Kitten performing there.

We played at home in those days, once against QPR I think, so no reason why we won't again, although it would obviously make sense for us to be away that weekend from a logistics point of view.

Unless the weather is bad, it's meant to be live on sky.

That's the whole point. ;)

Archived