IGNORED

Short-arsed City (keepers).....

Jack Dawe

Ronnie Sinclair at Leeds, below. How come he was never told, "sorry son. You're too small"?

1986-87c.jpg

There's Bob Taylor, back row, second from left. All 5'10" of him. Which makes Ronnie about 5'9" by my reckoning. Shall we give him a half inch to go with the 5'9"?

It doesn't get any better from this angle, below

1986-87f.jpg

He's bloody tiny! How did we not let in shedloads that season, bearing in mind the aerial bombardment style of play  popular at the time and every team using a six footer up front (think Rovers and Devon White, for example)?

Somebody remind me how tall RO'D is, so I can get to sleep tonight (start your answer with a 6). Cheers

This picture makes Gibbo look taller than I remember but then he is a lot shorter than Tony Ford. This team was from the 65-66 season, the last that Atyeo figured in. I started watching City the following season and I remember seeing most of these players, except Drury and Showell whom I don't remember at all.

City Vintage 65 66.jpg

13 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Yes Mike Gibson was a short arsed goalkeeper, and one of the finest keepers to wear the shirt.

There is another thread discussing Flints 100 consecutive games and from memory it seemed that Gibbo played no matter how fit or well he was, I am not sure this was true, just the way I remember it.

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Paul Cooper, Ipswich goalie in the late 70s / 80s wasn't very tall.  Great penalty saver though.

Sylvester Stallone, Allied goalie was only 5'8".

Paul Cooper was a fantastic keeper, I was quite often him when having the garden kickabouts with my friends

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

Ronnie Sinclair was my hero as an 8 year old.  Good keeper

You've just made a lot of people feel very old.....

Archived