IGNORED

Ticket Office

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

• Admin
8 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Very strange decision there. Surely there should be.

Agree that it always seemed better to have the face to face sales, but guess with technology etc we are moving away from those days

Even as a critic myself of the online system, it has become easy to use now and tickets are received in the post in a matter of days - would also assume that as we have essentially not had one for the past two seasons, the club see no reason to go back to having one

11 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Very strange decision there. Surely there should be.

Short term yes, but in the longer term the club should be focused on getting better and better at tech. If they can get that right then in a few years time I doubt there'd be much substantial call for one to supplement the phone system and online booking system.

Just now, 29AR said:

Short term yes, but in the longer term the club should be focused on getting better and better at tech. If they can get that right then in a few years time I doubt there'd be much substantial call for one to supplement the phone system and online booking system.

89% renewed season tickets online yesterday.  

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree that it always seemed better to have the face to face sales, but guess with technology etc we are moving away from those days

Even as a critic myself of the online system, it has become easy to use now and tickets are received in the post in a matter of days - would also assume that as we have essentially not had one for the past two seasons, the club see no reason to go back to having one

But then there are people who struggle using computers, even if it is very simple. I feel that having all options avaliable would make it more customer friendly.

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I was one of the 11% by phone - but only because due to N37 I couldn't renew online in the Ateyo.

1 minute ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

And also, how are people going to be able to pay on the day? 

No idea. I wouldn't be surprised if contactless payment became an option over the next few years.

11 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I was one of the 11% by phone - but only because due to N37 I couldn't renew online in the Ateyo.

No idea. I wouldn't be surprised if contactless payment became an option over the next few years.

I think things will continue to imporove and in that sense online + telephone should be enough with day to day ticket purchasing being possible in the shop.  I suppose oneday we could almost have self service tills a bit like you get a argos etc..

The planning documents submitted to BCC said

"TICKETING & ACCESS Ticket purchase generally will become more electronically based employing the latest available internet and telephone technology thereby eliminating the traditional ticket office concept, however ticket purchase will still be available from the Club Shop and in the Atyeo Stand for away supporters."

As @Tomarse suggested, self-service machines are a possibility. Hull City have introduced them - http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/new-self-service-ticket-machine-in-tiger-leisure-2665252.aspx

13 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

True, but what does it prove? As the telephone system has a bad reputation for waiting and being cut off, and there is no ticket office, the majority will book online. If there was a better telephone system and a ticket office / option to book in the shop, the percentage could be different. I can't imagine face-to-face bookings ever being a major need, but it would be nice to have the option. 

Archived