IGNORED

Will the game miss Warnock when he retires?

marksy

Yes - I can't stand the dull, boring, cliche-filled nonsense that the vast majority of the current crop of managers spout after games.

Neil Warnock says what he thinks and deliberately uses the media to deflect attention away from his players and onto himself. He loves it and like him or loathe him he is a character and he is worth listening to.

Would you rather listen to a Roberto Martinez post-match interview or a Neil Warnock press conference?

When he finally retires I think football will miss him.

I actually liked it when he said in his interview last night that he hopes he can 'come back and sit in our new stand without getting abuse in the car park' - he said it with a smile, he has genuine affection for Bristol City and he is one of the last characters left in our game.

He deliberately provokes reactions and whips up a sige mentality - and so many fall for it - including on here.

Fergie did the same and just about every Liverpool manager fell for it - much to his amusement and disbelief!

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes - I can't stand the dull, boring, cliche-filled nonsense that the vast majority of the current crop of managers spout after games.

Neil Warnock says what he thinks and deliberately uses the media to deflect attention away from his players and onto himself. He loves it and like him or loathe him he is a character and he is worth listening to.

Would you rather listen to a Roberto Martinez post-match interview or a Neil Warnock press conference?

I actually liked it when he said in his interview last night that he hopes he can 'come back and sit in our new stand without getting abuse in the car park' - he said it with a smile, he has genuine affection for Bristol City and he is one of the last characters left in our game.

He deliberately provokes reactions and whips up a sige mentality - and so many fall for it - including on here.

Fergie did the same and just about every Liverpool manager fell for it - much to his amusement and disbelief!

What makes you think the bonhomie is genuine and the nasty outburst an act? I'm pretty sure it's the other way round.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolutely agree with this. He will be missed when he retires. The atmosphere last night was electric, more than any other game this season at home. That was the Warnock factor. He is the one we all love to hate, and he laps it up. Always controversial but never dull. Also as has been said, he loves us. Great at interviews and deflects arrention away from his players. His book was a cracking read too. Hope he stays in the game at some level for a while yet. I dont like his style of play but he is for sure one of the few characters left in the game. We could do with a few more of those.

12 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

The only arsehole I'll miss will be my own if it heals up!!!

You don't need brains to be a Boss.

When the body was first created, all the parts wanted to be Boss. The brain said, "I should be Boss because I control all of the body's responses and functions."

The feet said, "We should be Boss since we carry the brain about and get him to where he wants to go."

The hands said, "We should be the Boss because we do all the work and earn all the money."

Finally, the asshole spoke up. All the parts laughed at the idea of the asshole being the Boss. So, the asshole went on strike, blocked itself up and refused to work.

Within a short time, the eyes became crossed, the hands clenched, the feet twitched, the heart and lungs began to panic, and the brain fevered. Eventually, they all decided that the asshole should be the Boss, so the motion was passed. All the other parts did all the work while the Boss just sat and passed out the shit!

Moral Of The Story: You don't need a brain to be a Boss----any asshole will do

And here ends the lesson.

Your damn right the game will miss Warnock when he retires, love him or hate him he's a controversial character that gets people talking. How many people were talking about him at work today or on this forum, his teams might not be attractive on the eye but you know what your going to get from his teams and that's a fight.

Also who else could of kept Rotherham up from the position they were in, not Wenger or Mourinho I would wager!

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

You don't need brains to be a Boss.

When the body was first created, all the parts wanted to be Boss. The brain said, "I should be Boss because I control all of the body's responses and functions."

The feet said, "We should be Boss since we carry the brain about and get him to where he wants to go."

The hands said, "We should be the Boss because we do all the work and earn all the money."

Finally, the asshole spoke up. All the parts laughed at the idea of the asshole being the Boss. So, the asshole went on strike, blocked itself up and refused to work.

Within a short time, the eyes became crossed, the hands clenched, the feet twitched, the heart and lungs began to panic, and the brain fevered. Eventually, they all decided that the asshole should be the Boss, so the motion was passed. All the other parts did all the work while the Boss just sat and passed out the shit!

Moral Of The Story: You don't need a brain to be a Boss----any asshole will do

And here ends the lesson.

There aren't many things that bring tears of laughter to my eyes on OTIB but this has :shifty:

So much so I've copied it and sent it to my boss - I mean the love of my life....

3 hours ago, marmite said:

Absolutely agree with this. He will be missed when he retires. The atmosphere last night was electric, more than any other game this season at home. That was the Warnock factor. He is the one we all love to hate, and he laps it up. Always controversial but never dull. Also as has been said, he loves us. Great at interviews and deflects arrention away from his players. His book was a cracking read too. Hope he stays in the game at some level for a while yet. I dont like his style of play but he is for sure one of the few characters left in the game. We could do with a few more of those.

Astmosphere born of anger and abject frustration is not an atmosphere to be enjoyed. 

48 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Astmosphere born of anger and abject frustration is not an atmosphere to be enjoyed. 

Better that than the Ashton Library at most home games this season. I've seldom seen the crowd so animated and noisy as they were last night. Yes I agree much of it was frustration but I saw people on their feet in the South Stand last night whom I previously assumed to be dead!

Archived