IGNORED

Parking ticket around Cumberland Basin

Port Said Red

It always amazes me to see all those empty office block car parks on Winterstoke Road where the tobacco warehouses used to be. Surely some of the businesses would see an opportunity to make a bit of dosh on a Saturday. The only thing I can see is that their insurance companies might not let them or something.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It always amazes me to see all those empty office block car parks on Winterstoke Road where the tobacco warehouses used to be. Surely some of the businesses would see an opportunity to make a bit of dosh on a Saturday. The only thing I can see is that their insurance companies might not let them or something.

Other grounds seem to have loads of places like that open up for matches, West Brom, Wolves etc.

On 6 April 2016 at 20:13, Frenchay Red said:

If you intend to park there on Sat. then have a look for signs etc regarding any parking restrictions. If none take photos and appeal. 

They can make mistakes. I once had a ticket which placed me in a different road to where I was parked. I appealed an the ticket was cancelled.

Exactly what I did.

there was a sign but it was blacked out. Took photos before i drove off, sent a letter x 2, they replied saying i had to pay. I ignored it. Might come back again who knows but ize out de country mon and on de non rezzi. So dey can shuv it where de sun don't shine.

11 hours ago, Fatalist said:

Other grounds seem to have loads of places like that open up for matches, West Brom, Wolves etc.

Surely the club should get their team of fixers to go round to the owners of every decent local parking area and negotiate match day use.  Other clubs seem to manage to do this.  When the stadium is finished, parking will be a massive issue and will hurt attendances unless solutions can be found.  Let's hope that the next mayor and council is not as hostile to motorists as this one has been.  It's up to Bristol based fans to vote thoughtfully!  Nobody could want to see Red Trousers back!

15 hours ago, crusader said:

Yes. parked longer than 1.5 hours, I wonder where I was. pc world? ha

Havent paid any fine or corresponded with them.

Good. Ignore those pikey companies. Don't respond and you'll get threats, but they aren't legally obliged to have your money.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 13:13, Frenchay Red said:

If you intend to park there on Sat. then have a look for signs etc regarding any parking restrictions. If none take photos and appeal. 

They can make mistakes. I once had a ticket which placed me in a different road to where I was parked. I appealed an the ticket was cancelled.

Once had a parking ticket from County Durham Council. My car have never been north of Birmingham. Appealed and received an apology, it was a one digit mistake.

oh no, dont get me started about parking. One of the things that has annoyed me over the years is the amount of money the internal combustion engine makes for the government and local authority's. They fine us , tax us and generally make our lives a bl***y misery as soon as we turn that key and yet for decades we constantly bow down to their 'powers'. When I used to have a ST at Malaga, there was tons of parking around the Roselada and you paid your Euro Protection money ! to the local lads and your car was there when you got back !! If we all stopped using cars, lorries, buses, etc for a week, they wou;d be absolutely bug****d, but we cant and they know that.Is like Bristol Airport where you have to pay a £1 to drop off THEIR CUSTOMERS. Well thats my rant over, lunchtime soon and then into the car for journey to AG and my secret parking spot :shutup:

Archived