IGNORED

SWFC fan here to talk about the game on Saturday.(& ABBA)

Fernando

9 hours ago, RedM said:

Brilliant! :clapping:I needed someone to make me smile today and you've done that thank-you.

Please tell me it wa you, many moons ago who wrote a similar but much longer piece about Gary J working in a Bakery, or have I completely lost the plot?

I've done a few rambling old posts, but GJ in  a bakery doesn't spring to mind, unless I included it in something else like GJ's preseason daily diary from Portugal many years ago now.

Glad it  brightened your day. It only seems to have confused the Major's!

3 hours ago, weepywall said:

Lot of time for Wednesday fans always remember when we sent Sheffield Utd down in the old play off system and there was hundreds of Wednesday clapping the City fans as we left Sheffield, big club, big support and they are not up their own a---s like a lot of fans of big clubs.

I was there that game - not sure if it's memory playing tricks on me but was it a night match? Anyway, went with my blades fan mates (it's possible in Sheffield, not sure how it'd go down in Bristol). Anyway, what I do remember risking a good hiding by letting out a distinctly audible "yes!" on their Kop when Shutty netted. Apparently he works in a travel agents in Meadowhall these days.  Anyway, hope it's a good game and you manage to grab enough points to survive that vital first season after promotion, but after giving us 3 tomorrow please! I'm setting off at 7, hoping to catch up with my City supporting cousin at some point although he has warned me the type of pub he frequents before the game wouldn't be too welcoming for a bunch of rougharsed northern types :ph34r:

Always had a lot of time for both Sheffield clubs (that's split the thread down the middle), and THE Sheffield club.

However, the split is - whos' go the best band behind them? 

BCFC: http://www.massiveattack.co.uk/ http://www.thewurzels.com/

SUFC: http://www.defleppard.com/ http://redhotchilipeppers.com/

SWFC: http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/ 

Er, um, obviously us. Isn't it?

Fernando

Best memories for me are:

Lee Peacock (our player at the time) going in goal for you last game of the season. How was it not hand ball?

3-2 at Hillsborough 3-4 years ago. My Mrs (Owl) was on the verge of tears. 

Big day for us but have always got time for Wednesday fans. 

P.s. Her owls calander still stays out of my sight on instruction, in the spare room on the back of the door. Will never be different. Blood runs red :)

Remember going to Hillsborough in 1991 for a midweek game, it must have been a promotion season for you.

Wayne Allison scored an absolute worldy but we lost 3-1.

One memory from the game was when Trevor Francis was clean through and Mark Aizlewood took him out with one of the worst tackles i have ever seen and only got a yellow.

The crowd that day was over 30K and the Kop was packed, great atmosphere.

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Blimey, you lot go On and On and On about this lurrrv fest. When All Is Said And Done City need the points more. Thats a fact. ;). The Winner Takes It All, Thats The Name of The Game. Now trot along Fernando and Hasta Manana.

Hope this ABBA fest doesn't influence  your excellent match day thread. 

6 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Hope this ABBA fest doesn't influence  your excellent match day thread. 

It crossed my mind, for a fleeting moment, but then i said to myself, 'narghhhhh'... I worked on it a bit early doors but am currently in an industrial zone in back of beyond Saigon. Should be back in my hotel in about 2 hours to finish it off.

Lovely day here. Hope ots rhe same in Bristol.

The sun is shining, the pitch will be perfect, the ground is a sell out, any match against Sheffield Wednesday or Sheffield United home or away is well attended and feels like a proper football match. I am looking forward to it. Next season (if you are not Premier League) with the bigger capacity we will be able to double the away allocation for Owls fans.  As for the score, 1-0 to City with a huge drop kick from Wednesday supporting keeper O Donnell winning it for us. COYR.

36 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

It crossed my mind, for a fleeting moment, but then i said to myself, 'narghhhhh'... I worked on it a bit early doors but am currently in an industrial zone in back of beyond Saigon. Should be back in my hotel in about 2 hours to finish it off.

Now that's ' serious ' .

Well played H .

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Mamma mia!!

Hey guys, not had chance to pop on since saturday! 

Well what a shocker. Really didn't see that one coming and neither did our defence. We obviously came up against you on one of the best days of the season and ironically every player I highlighted as being good before the game seemed to have an absolute stormer. There's not many teams that have done that to us only Charlton and Middlesbrough have really turned us over this year.

I was really disappointed by us, we were completely the opposite to what we've achieved recently. 4 away clean sheets in a row, inly conceding 5 in the 13 games before this one... then BANG 4-1!  It didn't help that we had to re-shuffle the back 5 almost completely as 4 out of the back 5 that had won the previous 4 games on the trot were all missing; Westwood, Hunt, Loovens and Bennett but fair play you took advantage of our, semi-forced rotation policy. I feel we played decent football at times but when it mattered in our own half we were a shambles, made that way by your quick build up play and counter attacks. 

We got out of jail massively as Cardiff lost too so we still have the 5 point cushion over 7th place but a few fans are a bit restless now after that, it's going to be a tense run in with us still having to play 5th place Derby and 8th place Ipswich and typically out last home game is against Cardiff... I hope we bounce back from this. 

Anyway, I had a good day out! That's the first time I've seen us lose in about 9 away games so best lose in style, there was much drinking before and after the match and a headache the next day. Well done and good luck for the season, I can see a push for the top half now for you now. 

5 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well what a shocker. Really didn't see that one coming and neither did our defence. We obviously came up against you on one of the best days of the season and ironically every player I highlighted as being good before the game seemed to have an absolute stormer. There's not many teams that have done that to us only Charlton and Middlesbrough have really turned us over this year.

I was really disappointed by us, we were completely the opposite to what we've achieved recently. 4 away clean sheets in a row, inly conceding 5 in the 13 games before this one... then BANG 4-1!  It didn't help that we had to re-shuffle the back 5 almost completely as 4 out of the back 5 that had won the previous 4 games on the trot were all missing; Westwood, Hunt, Loovens and Bennett but fair play you took advantage of our, semi-forced rotation policy. I feel we played decent football at times but when it mattered in our own half we were a shambles, made that way by your quick build up play and counter attacks. 

We got out of jail massively as Cardiff lost too so we still have the 5 point cushion over 7th place but a few fans are a bit restless now after that, it's going to be a tense run in with us still having to play 5th place Derby and 8th place Ipswich and typically out last home game is against Cardiff... I hope we bounce back from this. 

Anyway, I had a good day out! That's the first time I've seen us lose in about 9 away games so best lose in style, there was much drinking before and after the match and a headache the next day. Well done and good luck for the season, I can see a push for the top half now for you now. 

Don't worry, we'll sort out Derby for you.

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Fair play for coming back on. 

Don't think any of us saw that scoreline coming. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

On 08/04/2016 at 18:01, Fernando said:

Weird one, when we signed him on loan last season he played every game scored a few goals and was our best player in the second half of the season. He was thriving because he'd not been given a game at Watford and had fallen out with the manager. All the talk from him was that he couldn't wait to join us. Stuart Gray left in the summer but Carlos still went through with the transfer, a bargain £350,000. 

He featured a fair bit in the early months but when the best team started to settle in he's not really broken in past Kieran Lee, Barry Bannan, Sam Hutchinson and Alex Lopez in that 2 man central midfield. Then Carlos came out and said that McGugan was incapable of playing 'in the hole' and that we didn't want to play that way. Since then he's been our most unused sub (19 times) on the bench. But when he does play he always plays well and scores so I do feel sorry for him. He's scored 5 in 16 from midfield this season but even when he scored 2 goals in 1 game he didn't start the next match. 

Ironically, he's probably in exactly the same situation as he was at Watford and in reality he'll move on next summer. I'm sure he'll be knocking around for about the 500k price which is an absolute bargain for a man who has a proven goalscoring record from midfield and is capable of getting in most Championship sides outside of the top 6. I think every goal he's scored for us has been a freekick or outside of the box, like the one he got from the halfway line against Preston. 

Interesting, need a midfielder so just text Johnson and maybe a deal can be done in the summer !

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

The very best for the run-in,hope you win those play-offs and another 'real' club go into the Premier league!..

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Certainly be rooting for you if it comes down to you or Cardiff Red Birds that's for sure!  Cracking result for us Saturday and its one that I didn't see coming at all but one we'll very much take but you shouldn't suffer too much as a result like you say. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Bad day at the office for you guys but glad you had a good day out anyway.  Really hope you now go on a 100% winning run through the rest of the season and the play-offs.  I've fond memories of the days of Bright, Hirst, Sheridan, Waddle (and Warhurst!) pushing for both cups and it'd be brilliant to see Wednesday back in the top flight. 

Archived