IGNORED

cancelled season card

Izza

My sons friend phoned to renew his season card and was asked if he wanted to renew the other 2 cards that were linked to his account, he said no.

This left my son and his other friend without their own seat to renew.

How is this even possible that someone other than the owner and purchaser of the season ticket can cancel another's card.

I phoned the office and asked the question, the answer was because they were linked ( linked to buy away tickets sat together )

The lady was very helpful in finding them a new seat and renewing there but I am amazed it could happen in the first place.

Let this be a warning to anyone else in the same position.

5 minutes ago, Izza said:

My sons friend phoned to renew his season card and was asked if he wanted to renew the other 2 cards that were linked to his account, he said no.

How is this even possible that someone other than the owner and purchaser of the season ticket can cancel another's card.

I phoned the office and asked the question, the answer was because they were linked ( linked to buy away tickets sat together )

The lady was very helpful in finding them a new seat and renewing there but I am amazed it could happen in the first place.

I had problems with my linked account - seems a system issue. Luckily still able to renew but not online.

31 minutes ago, Izza said:

I renewed mine this week and my account’s linked to a friend’s. He’s not renewing. When you click Option 1 on the tickets page, each person has 4 further options. The “Yes, I want to renew now” seems to be the default option. I wonder if your son’s friend clicked the “No, I will not renew” option thinking it was asking him whether he wanted to renew all 3 tickets there and then. Which it is, but you don't have to renew all in one go. But in doing so he inadvertently released the two other seats. That’s one possibility anyway.

1 hour ago, Izza said:

My son actually lost his seat as someone had already moved to it due to it having been made available through his friend cancelling it :-(

Terrible. If anything the club should be re-instating your lad and should be apologising to new purchaser and helping them to find a ticket!!

7 minutes ago, Izza said:

That is what I thought would have happened, not to worry though as he is happy with his new location

All's well that ends well then. Terrible customer service, but the club got lucky with whom they inconvenienced I'd say.

Sounds like an unfortunate misunderstanding to me rather than a case of poor customer service. The club misinterpreted the caller's instruction as a full cancellation of the other cards. I would suggest this was an innocent error by someone in the ticket office. If someone can phone up and buy multiple season tickets then it stands to reason that they could phone up on behalf of the same group and cancel some too.

2 hours ago, Fat Cigar said:

I renewed mine this week and my account’s linked to a friend’s. He’s not renewing. When you click Option 1 on the tickets page, each person has 4 further options. The “Yes, I want to renew now” seems to be the default option. I wonder if your son’s friend clicked the “No, I will not renew” option thinking it was asking him whether he wanted to renew all 3 tickets there and then. Which it is, but you don't have to renew all in one go. But in doing so he inadvertently released the two other seats. That’s one possibility anyway.

2 hours ago, Chloe1992 said:

You just have to click the "I'm not sure yet" option or whatever it is for the other individual(s) and "Yes I will renew" for yours. Not overly difficult

You're both referring to the online system, but the OP clearly stated it was a phone call!

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sounds like an unfortunate misunderstanding to me rather than a case of poor customer service. The club misinterpreted the caller's instruction as a full cancellation of the other cards. I would suggest this was an innocent error by someone in the ticket office. If someone can phone up and buy multiple season tickets then it stands to reason that they could phone up on behalf of the same group and cancel some too.

I have highlighted a sentence in bold, that is fine if the person paying the bill cancels but what if one of the others did, surely they have no right?

Archived