IGNORED

Matthews

Shtanley

I'm sure there will be many threads later today and tomorrow about how well Bobby Reid, Kodjia and Smith all did but I just thought Matthews deserved his own.

Absolutely outstanding performance from him, great pace, tackles and some wonderful crosses. If the fee isn't outrageous (I've heard it's near 1m) then he's 100% a must buy. Only 24 and certainly makes our back 4 a strong one. Probably my runner up in MOTM to Reid. 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So good defensively. And going forward much more direct than Ayling, and what a crosser of a ball. Sad to see him go back to Sunderland. Hopefully they will stay up and then they might not want him, as he can't get a look in now.

It sounds like we already have a deal done as part of the loan 

9 minutes ago, Redtone said:

That tackle he made in our penalty area was fantastic. I really hope we've done a pre arrangement to buy him. 

Me too. He's a very, very good player at this level. Good pace, good reading of the game, good crossing ability and - the biggest point - he's slotted in so seamlessly with players he doesn't know from Adam! How many different players have sat in front of him too... Freeman, Tomlin, Kodjia certainly today towards his finish, Wagstaff, maybe Odemwingie(?). It's hardly been a settled player in front of him but still he's taken it in stride. 

Very good full back, he seemed a bit rusty and not up to match fitness when he first game here but now he is up to the pace he keeps on getting better.

Was really surprised by his pace today and his crosses were quality too.....sign him on!

Lots of talk about signing likes of Baker & Tomlin on permanents in the summer - and right so I hasten to add as both are fantastic players with that extra bit of quality we will need to step it up a notch next season, however I think getting Matthews in permanently is also a must.

Very easy to overlook the contribution of a RB but he has shown in the past few games he is a very decent player at this level and his contribution in past two games has been a big factor in getting 4/6 points.

If he is looking for a move in the summer and is available, LJ go out there and get him!

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Different player to the one that debuted  at Wolves, really hope we can sign him then work on Baker!!

His debut was neat and tidy, but he was at fault for their opener....but what was to be expected having not really played all season.

There are too many knee-jerk opinions on this forum.....but it'd be boring without them :P

Archived