IGNORED

Thank you Wednesday club and fans

cidered abroad

I know it is easy to be magnanimous when one's team wins convincingly but I want to say thanks to all those involved with Sheffield Wednesday.

Your team played football the right way and in the right spirit, did not queue up to harangue the match officials when decisions went against you. Your fans loudly supported their team and with some humour as well.

Yes, we won and it's a very big win for us as, with other results, probably makes us safe, but was one of the more enjoyable matches of this season, with both teams trying to play creative, on the deck, football. A million light years away from the trash served up last week by your neighbours from the other side of the M1.

2 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Liked it when they were pointing towards the west stand and singing "your support is....."

...and after they scored doing the same singing 'it's all gone quiet over there'

yes always a good bunch of noisy fans. 

5 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Maybe good to credit the club's fans but surely not the club? Their charging of £39 or whatever it was for the opening days fixture was a disgrace. 

Not the fans fault, the ones I spoke to up there agreed it was not good. Decent set of fans Wednesday. 

15 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Not the fans fault, the ones I spoke to up there agreed it was not good. Decent set of fans Wednesday. 

Agree mate I think the fans were embarrassed. I was replying to the topic title which said Wednesday club. Sadly very different to the fans of the club. 

1 hour ago, allyolly said:

Maybe good to credit the club's fans but surely not the club? Their charging of £39 or whatever it was for the opening days fixture was a disgrace. 

It was a comment on how they played football without all the play acting. I agree about their silly high prices but that is a different matter altogether.

Well, at least we lost in humility. Most fans, especially the hardcore that travel to the smaller away allocations, appreciate what we've achieved this season and how we still have a great chance of promotion. I reckon that after 15 years of mainly utter crap, a sense of humour is one of our 'cathartic' developments as fans. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Well, at thneast we lost in humility. Most fans, especially the hardcore that travel to the smaller away allocations, appreciate what we've achieved this season and how we still have a great chance of promotion. I reckon that after 15 years of mainly utter crap, a sense of humour is one of our 'cathartic' developments as fans. 

Just one question. Could you hear our fans In the same stand as you? 

14 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well, at least we lost in humility. Most fans, especially the hardcore that travel to the smaller away allocations, appreciate what we've achieved this season and how we still have a great chance of promotion. I reckon that after 15 years of mainly utter crap, a sense of humour is one of our 'cathartic' developments as fans. 

I'd love it if Wednesday got promoted.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Just one question. Could you hear our fans In the same stand as you? 

I was pleasantly surprised with the whole atmosphere, helped obviously by your performance. Its not always common to share the stand with home fans on away days but it always makes for a better atmosphere and it did just that I'd say. 

I was genuinely impressed by the reaction at half time.

Not sure City fans would have made a roar quite that loud to try and get behind players leaving the pitch 3-0 down.

From the South Stand it made me look up and I assumed something had kicked off!

I meet a lot of away fans pre game as well and of all of them Wednesday are up there with the most friendly.

10 minutes ago, nathredwood said:

I was genuinely impressed by the reaction at half time.

Not sure City fans would have made a roar quite that loud to try and get behind players leaving the pitch 3-0 down.

From the South Stand it made me look up and I assumed something had kicked off!

I meet a lot of away fans pre game as well and of all of them Wednesday are up there with the most friendly.

Same here mate, presumed it had kicked off down there, to see that reaction at 3-0 down to a club just outside the relegation zone was stunning

Got a mate who is a Wendy, and as I can't stand the Blades (big club syndrome), I only hope that they can get into the play offs and win it - proper club, proper fans. Good luck

Just now, Fernando said:

I was pleasantly surprised with the whole atmosphere,sidewaysobviously by your performance. Its not always common to share the stand with home fans on away days but it always makes for a better atmosphere and it did just that I'd say. 

Whole season we have struggled to hear away fans. Sound doesnt seem to travel sidewsys very well In that stand. But If everyone else says you made a racket then fairplay. 

Was tango there? Didnt see him

13 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Whole season we have struggled to hear away fans. Sound doesnt seem to travel sidewsys very well In that stand. But If everyone else says you made a racket then fairplay. 

He was there! My daughter spotted him, he first trip to the Gate, and wanted to know why there was a half naked man at the other end of the ground....we had to google 'Tango Man', I don't think she believed me when I said he's well known for stripping off for games!

16 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Yep he was there, near the front row. Every single game we play Wednesday he's there front row, even from 10 years or so back.

On 9 April 2016 at 22:45, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Sound really does travel badly across the Atyeo. Can honestly say I don't hear the away fans at all, from any club.

Nor me! I didn't hear Wednesday once.

10 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Personally I've never heard much at all from the Atyeo, it's a glorified cowshed and a huge shame it can't be redeveloped but hey ho.

yeah but its our cowshed and i like it. proper stand unlike the soulless stuff built by every club when rebuilding.

56 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Personally I've never heard much at all from the Atyeo, it's a glorified cowshed and a huge shame it can't be redeveloped but hey ho.

A cowshed with good facilities and a great view. How short our memories are of Swindon and all the other crap facilities encountered last year. Are we getting a bit arrogant now we have a ground as good as most in the upper divisions?

29 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Walking back to the car was surprised at how many Owls fans were taking the trouble to say to us `well done, you deserved that`. You don`t get that every day - Chesterfield last season was the last one I can remember, must be something about coming from your neck of the woods.

Might have just been pot luck... at times this season we've had some right idiots following us. Obviously with bigger allocations that's what you seem to get. It does get worse the bigger the allocation with us as well. So that's probably why. 

Archived