IGNORED

Atyeo Stand

bs3

I'm a ST holder in the Dolman stand ( Old B Block) and been going to AG for 40 years this year. But yesterday was the first time I watched a match from the Atyeo stand.

A couple of observations, I was sat near the back of the stand behind the goal and I must say what a great view I had, I of course sit behind goals when we go away , but the rake and design of this stand is outstanding.

I had a pasty before the match ( I miss my lunch) ,there was no queues, everyone seem to be getting served quickly. A few mins before HT I went to the toilet and there was fans already drinking ,  then I went to get a coffe, again no real queues , such a massive difference from the Dolman when you are  queue for a pint before the game and its a waste of time trying to get a drink or food at HT unless you go down 10 mins before the end off the first half.

The atmosphere was great , fans were able to shout , swear and sing with out others fans looking round and giving you dirty looks after all its is a football match , which I think now some fans forget.

I sit near the back of the Dolman and  if I dont get near the exit towards the end of the match it can take nearly 30 mins to get of of the stand at the end. Yesterday sat at the back of the Ateyo staying right till end I was out of the ground with in mins.

I really enjoyed yesterday in there , hassel free, easy access, good facilities, great atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Does anyone have any news on the Atyeo pub?

Supporters club and trust are to return to their former bar but a stair case needs to be fitted and that can be started anthying when they want.

Atyeo bar is still on the cards with a yes but the delay will be the completion of the new stand as they are working top to bottom to get that finished which could mean the players facilities not ready on time and maybe for a while next season they will still be using the Atyeo players facilities which will have a knock on effect due to the groundsman, laundry & gym areas can't be redeveloped until the players move out and then we move in to that area for the bar along with the groundsman moving up to where the players are now.

http://www.whenthemoonshines.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1977&page=2

Ye I agree with that . One thing I learnt yesterday I went for a pint just before halftime so stood about 5 yards from entrance watching Last couple of mins when a steward told me to move as I wasn't allowed to watch the game with a pint in my hand . I thought he was joking until another steward came over and said the same . I never knew that found it quite funny as did the other few people doing the same . No hassle even the steward said it was silly but rules are rules. Ha ha

It is a stupid rule but I sometimes wonder what would happen if fans could bring beer back to their seats and then we scored in the 46th minute. Beer shampoos all round.

How does it apply to the posh boxes though? Are they allowed to stand in there with a drink and watch through the windows - as I understand it you`re not allowed to drink `in view of the pitch`

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is a stupid rule but I sometimes wonder what would happen if fans could bring beer back to their seats and then we scored in the 46th minute. Beer shampoos all round.

How does it apply to the posh boxes though? Are they allowed to stand in there with a drink and watch through the windows - as I understand it you`re not allowed to drink `in view of the pitch`

Beer shampoos indeed ha . As for posh boxes I have no idea if they can drink there champagne and watch

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I had a couple of meals this season in the hospilitty next to the board room in the corner of the South Stand and Dolman, and there is a curtain pulled during the game so you get drink and watch the game during the match. So the rule applies even in the posh boxes.

Have to say that the kiosk people were spot on yesterday. We have all been quick to criticise them this season but yesterday they were well staffed and organised. Drinks were poured, even my daughters hot chocolate was ready for her. I hope this continues, because they must be as fed up as the rest of us and get a lot of abuse about the queues.

Doesn't half piss me off seing loads of empty seats in the atyeo when I tried getting a ST in there this year ( I was in the Williams and the EE) and was told it was sold out.

Even yesterday I found myself bored looking at the Wednesday fans thinking they're still are having a better time than me.

The atmosphere at the gate is so poor.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

4 hours ago, bs3 said:

I had a couple of meals this season in the hospilitty next to the board room in the corner of the South Stand and Dolman, and there is a curtain pulled during the game so you get drink and watch the game during the match. So the rule applies even in the posh boxes.

Yep, the rule is you can not drink while being able to view the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Turbored said:

A shame they can't sort out the half time drinks out in the dolman , me and the Mrs always had a tea at half time but not this season. I looked yesterday for the first time for ages , seen the queue and thought sod that will be there all day. 

You'd be surprised at just how quickly the queue moves.

They do need some dedicated hot drink stands, or kiosks that don't sell alcohol, but with fewer people milling around next season because the West Stand will be open it should get better.

6 hours ago, Slacker said:

Thanks WTMS.A fan led Atyeo bar should be awesome.On a side note,my tablet won't open links.It stopped opening them a few days ago. Any tech heads out there have any advice?

if its a ipad then there is a new software update to cure this

35 minutes ago, SDBS36 said:

Sorry cant help but will speak to people in work who are more I.T than me, would be interested as I'm using the A10 myself

That is very kind of you SDB and much appreciated All joking aside,I paid £100 for it and it is amazing for the price.

10 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

My company has a box at Wembley and as soon as the match starts they pull blinds down to obscure the view of the pitch and they don't allow drinks in the seats outside the box either. So you can either stay in the box and have a beer while watching the game on TV or sit in the seats outside the box without a drink.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 20:26, Slacker said:

That is very kind of you SDB and much appreciated All joking aside,I paid £100 for it and it is amazing for the price.

Sorry to say got no further with this problem, can only think have you done the window updates in settings

On 10/04/2016 at 20:55, BS4 on Tour... said:

My company has a box at Wembley and as soon as the match starts they pull blinds down to obscure the view of the pitch and they don't allow drinks in the seats outside the box either. So you can either stay in the box and have a beer while watching the game on TV or sit in the seats outside the box without a drink.

I still can't believe this is a thing. It's the most embarrassing thing in sport. I had some Canadian cousins over for a game before Christmas in the south stand hospitality they asked what was going on when the curtains were drawn and literally fell about laughing when I explained the 'law'.

It's pathetic that we can't drink whilst watching live football. 

On 10/04/2016 at 09:50, Three Lions said:

If the Atyeo pub happens fans from th Dolman should be able to use it. Facilities in the Atyeo are superior to the Dolman stand now and could be far better. The Dolman facilitie being better are a myth. They are rubbish.

Shocking..no shouting/swearing and the pasties you'd think they were made by me mother-in-law....all spud,they are.and don't mention the tea.

Archived