IGNORED

Harlee Dean

GrahamC

Be interested in what those who go to Brentford next Saturday make of him, he is out of contract this summer and has already been told that he won't be getting another deal, despite the fact he's started 36 of their league games this season and is only 24.

First choice Championship centre backs who are on free transfers don't came around too often and so with this being an area we will need one or two new faces in this summer, I hope we've had him watched a few times this season at the very least.

I think Luke Freeman had a very close look back in August.  Not liked (anecdotally) by his own fans, which is not a good thing.  Thought he was average in the game at our place, and picked out his mistakes in a couple of Brentford highlights on TFLS.  But you could say the same about mistakes for most of our back 4 / 5 throughout the season.

Good age, free transfer.  One to watch....especially next Saturday!

Assuming Baker isn't coming, what do you think about Pearce.  Can;t believe he'd cost much, and you could give him the summer to build a partnership with Flint?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Luke Freeman had a very close look back in August.  Not liked (anecdotally) by his own fans, which is not a good thing.  Thought he was average in the game at our place, and picked out his mistakes in a couple of Brentford highlights on TFLS.  But you could say the same about mistakes for most of our back 4 / 5 throughout the season.

Good age, free transfer.  One to watch....especially next Saturday!

Assuming Baker isn't coming, what do you think about Pearce.  Can;t believe he'd cost much, and you could give him the summer to build a partnership with Flint?

Not on what I have seen, that would be step totally in the wrong direction IMO.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not on what I have seen, that would be step totally in the wrong direction IMO.

Nor me from the Brighton game, although off night for a lot of players.  Quite a few commented that he played well at Leeds (I wasn't there).

He can't be a mug to have played as many games in the top two tiers.  Wonder if he plays better on the right side of a two? 

Brill topic don't know the lad. Don't think Baker will be with us next year , Villa may keep him or a better Championship team will pinch him, but we do need numbers at centre half. Really not sure of Pearce as I've not seen enough of him so will reserve judgement . Mawson would be a great shout as mentioned previously . 

28 minutes ago, bornandbred said:

He signed a two year contract in February.

So he did, we'll be looking elsewhere then.

As for Pearce I'm not at all convinced, as much by the fact that he appears a poor fit alongside Flint as for the fact he has had minimal impact whilst on loan.

Archived