IGNORED

Bolton...over 50 applications...

BS4 on Tour...

...for their vacant manager's role apparently.

Why don't we ever publicise how many people have applied to be our manager when there's a vacancy? Or do we and I've missed it?

This last time all I recall is MA saying something like we'd be 'surprised at the calibre of some applicants.' And then we heard nothing?!

And when we appointed SC, Sheff Wed were also looking for a new boss and they let it be known that they'd had 52 applications.

Perhaps we aren't seen as an attractive club to manage so we don't publicise the number of applicants as it would be embarrassing?

I really don't know, but the last two appointments seem to have been a case of we knew who we wanted and we just targeted those individuals on each occasion?

Anyone know more?!

And have I created a new record for the number of question marks in one post??

26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why don't we ever publicise how many people have applied to be our manager when there's a vacancy? Or do we and I've missed it?

This last time all I recall is MA saying something like we'd be 'surprised at the calibre of some applicants.' And then we heard nothing?!

And when we appointed SC, Sheff Wed were also looking for a new boss and they let it be known that they'd had 52 applications.

Perhaps we aren't seen as an attractive club to manage so we don't publicise the number of applicants as it would be embarrassing?

I really don't know, but the last two appointments seem to have been a case of we knew who we wanted and we just targeted those individuals on each occasion?

Anyone know more?!

If we did though, and said we`d had 42 or whatever applications, there would be loads on here calling BS and saying MA had just made it up.

1 minute ago, Drew Peacock said:

Bit young to be a manager isn't he?

And how are you ITK at Bolton?

Wahey! I'm sure you really knew I was just pointing out a spelling error - although, with his Dad's arrogance behind him, he's probably convinced he could do a player-manager role there! Cos he loves the club so much!!!!

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wahey! I'm sure you really knew I was just pointing out a spelling error - although, with his Dad's arrogance behind him, he's probably convinced he could do a player-manager role there! Cos he loves the club so much!!!!

Of course I knew that, but you set 'em up and I'll knock 'em in ;)

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Anyone know more?!

I heard it was zero hour contracts, they'll try one applicant per week and let them know.

As to ZC dad's application, after careful deliberation (I think it was about 10 seconds), the board politely declined indicating that the thought ZC's mum probably makes better decisions.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just a reminder that he needed to renew his subscription that`s all.

Oh man is Shoot magazine still going? I used to love that, getting the cardboard league tables with the little slots for the teams and then moving the positions up and down each week....... bliss!  Computers have ruined everything, kids don't know they're born these days. :) 

Archived