IGNORED

They are NOT Sex Workers....

slartibartfast

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

...they are ****** PROSTITUTES !

All this PC rubbish it makes them sound like some sort of social worker !

From what you read in the papers you might think they are of far more benefit to society than many social workers.

20 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

What about fat old ugly birds on premium chat lines?

Mmm. Yes.

I think we need a flow chart, and it is totally unclear, for example, where 'dirty old slappers' fit in.

Can someone get this done by close of play today?

Many thanks.

Uncle TFR

23 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I've just phoned the council, claiming to be you.

They were pretty upset, and said social workers are definitely NOT sex workers.

Uncle TFR

Know someone who is a "sex worker". Pays income tax NI and all that. Paying off the mortgage on her third house outright. Lovely little property estate growing there. Does alright.It ain't the people doing the job it's the Muppets that pay the price that need to look at themselves. There is a market is there and doesn't make it right but not wrong either in 2016.

7 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Know someone who is a "sex worker". Pays income tax NI and all that. Paying off the mortgage on her third house outright. Lovely little property estate growing there. Does alright.It ain't the people doing the job it's the Muppets that pay the price that need to look at themselves. There is a market is there and doesn't make it right but not wrong either in 2016.

The blokes I know who admit to using prostitutes often use the line that it is far cheaper than marriage & divorce.  True if rather depressing.

IMO the use of the term " sex worker" is an attempt to normalise a profession that will always have a demand.  By having an adult attitude to it you can massively improve the lives and safety of the women working within it.

My argument for reforming sex work is the same as for the drugs trade:

that it will always exist because the demand, and consequently money to be made, is so high

that attempting to ban and criminalise people within it serves to damage the people you actually wish to protect (sex workers and drug users)

that the existing policies clearly don't work

that not liking something is not sufficient grounds for banning it.

You'll note that I'm not offering solutions, I think it's a process of trial and error that we should be open to. Some US states have legalised cannabis and that seems to be going OK, Leeds has introduced a nightly safe zone prostitution on an industrial estate where it is legal and police on on hand in case of problems.

Small steps but they have improved the lives of the sex workers and drug users; which is surely the aim.

20 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Someone involved in something illegal as a main income has a legit mortgage?

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

It isn`t is it? I think it`s the soliciting part that`s the illegal bit and you can be done for running a brothel I think but actual prostitution is legal.

Pretty much.

I doubt many prostitutes declare their income though so they're still breaking the law. ;) 

17 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Like a lot of self-employed people I`m sure (I`m one so not having a dig). What I would like to see though is HMRC have a blitz on it, that would be funny.

I want to see them giving out receipts so that people can claim them as "entertainment" on their work expenses. 

On 13/04/2016 at 13:34, slartibartfast said:

Nothing wrong with changing the name to something more respectful to the ladies that are doing it.

PC argument is ridiculous.  It makes sense to change things sometimes, lighten up :) 

On 16/04/2016 at 07:48, Eddie Hitler said:

The blokes I know who admit to using prostitutes often use the line that it is far cheaper than marriage & divorce.  True if rather depressing.

IMO the use of the term " sex worker" is an attempt to normalise a profession that will always have a demand.  By having an adult attitude to it you can massively improve the lives and safety of the women working within it.

My argument for reforming sex work is the same as for the drugs trade:

that it will always exist because the demand, and consequently money to be made, is so high

that attempting to ban and criminalise people within it serves to damage the people you actually wish to protect (sex workers and drug users)

that the existing policies clearly don't work

that not liking something is not sufficient grounds for banning it.

You'll note that I'm not offering solutions, I think it's a process of trial and error that we should be open to. Some US states have legalised cannabis and that seems to be going OK, Leeds has introduced a nightly safe zone prostitution on an industrial estate where it is legal and police on on hand in case of problems.

Small steps but they have improved the lives of the sex workers and drug users; which is surely the aim.

Yep.  Criminalizing drugs and the sex trade has only caused more problems.  The war on drugs particularly has been a complete failure and needs to stop.

A lot on here are too young to remember the investigative reporters who visited Massage Parlours in the 70's for the Sunday tabloids and when it came to the biz quoted the infamous line ' I then declined the offer and left the premises' and there was I thinking only politicians told lies !!!!

Archived