IGNORED

Kits reduced?

caseyeverett300

• The title was changed to Kits reduced?
41 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Send them to kids that don't have anything - that's what I'd do

If I wanted one bad enough I'd have stumped up last July

I agree completely that excess stock could and should go to a good cause.

There also must be loads of kits out there that no longer fit our growing kids. The reason I have to buy my kids new kit every season is nothing to do with having the latest shirt and everything to do with one that fits. Maybe BCFC should do a "shirt amnesty" for all these and then give to a charity.

In the meantime, I do think that BCFC should hold an end of season shop sale- it seems to work for most retailers.

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I agree completely that excess stock could and should go to a good cause.

There also must be loads of kits out there that no longer fit our growing kids. The reason I have to buy my kids new kit every season is nothing to do with having the latest shirt and everything to do with one that fits. Maybe BCFC should do a "shirt amnesty" for all these and then give to a charity.

In the meantime, I do think that BCFC should hold an end of season shop sale- it seems to work for most retailers.

Couldn't agree more, MRR

Adidas and all the big kit makers not only didn't give a stuff about us (especially in L1) but they make you buy in bulk.

*Fictional Numbers to Illustrate my point*

Each season we would have had to buy say 5,000 kits at the start of the season and then could only buy in batches of 1,000. This means we would eventually sell the majority of stock and have to order one or more batches throughout the season. When you have such 'course' stock control you either have to sell out half way through the season potentially before xmas or you have to order more stock than you know you'll need and heavily discount it to get rid at the end of the season.

So to avoid little Timmy not having anything for xmas the clubs usually order more than they will sell, hence the heavy discount.

Moving to homebrand kit was not only for being able to design our own rather than use the templates, it was also because we have much finer stock control so can order only what we need based on historical shirt sales and get small top up batches if we need more.

7 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

The Adidas kits were always reduced once the new one came out. I got one or two for a tenner I think.

if they have extra stock and a new one coming out they should reduce it

Yup. I got the home and away 2010/11 shirts for £10 each. They were good shirts too.

2 hours ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Adidas and all the big kit makers not only didn't give a stuff about us (especially in L1) but they make you buy in bulk.

*Fictional Numbers to Illustrate my point*

Each season we would have had to buy say 5,000 kits at the start of the season and then could only buy in batches of 1,000. This means we would eventually sell the majority of stock and have to order one or more batches throughout the season. When you have such 'course' stock control you either have to sell out half way through the season potentially before xmas or you have to order more stock than you know you'll need and heavily discount it to get rid at the end of the season.

So to avoid little Timmy not having anything for xmas the clubs usually order more than they will sell, hence the heavy discount.

Moving to homebrand kit was not only for being able to design our own rather than use the templates, it was also because we have much finer stock control so can order only what we need based on historical shirt sales and get small top up batches if we need more.

Lot of truth in this I think.  Now it's in-house the club has much better control over the stock.  I waited for them to reduce last season's shirt and it never happened.  On the basis that I won't pay £45 for a polyester t-shirt, I don't think I'll be buying one for a long time!

Archived