IGNORED

West Ham - how much?

Rudolf Hucker

5 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36043808

So WHU have to pay just £2.5m pa for their new stadium having contributed just £15m towards the £272m refit necessary to bring the Olympic Stadium up to Premier League standards. Something smells ... Waley missed out there.

The ONE problem with that IS the £2.5 m  !

But am I right in thinking west ham only get 15% of all stuff sold in concessions and if they use stadium more than 25 times have to pay a fee so can't just use it for concerts if you factor in cup games without paying a fine.

They've deffo got a good deal but have been tied down in some areas.

No doubt about it West Ham have got a hell of a deal, if you think about all the associated costs of running a stadium you own, I'd be surprised if that didn't amount to more than £2.5m a year so effectively they have the Olympic Stadium rent free!!  Even the cost of goal nets is covered by the stadium operators!!

The problem is with the Government and the stadium operators giving West Ham the Crown Jewels!  £15m towards the £272m refurbishments seems very low, let alone the £500m cost of building the stadium I the first place!

With the TV money as it is now I'd say they have a distinct advantage financially over the majority of clubs apart from Chelsea and Man City.

Yeh they don't own the stadium but the only time that will become an issue is if for whatever reason the club went bust and couldn't afford the rent, but considering they will be making money hand over fist I can't see that happening anytime soon.

The whole legacy aspect of the Olympic stadium has been nothing short of a joke, Seb Coe should hang his head in shame.   It should have been designed to be made a football stadium after the games from the off, £272m to bring it up to scratch is absolutely rediculous.  That's comparible with the cost of the new Spurs stadium which is being built from scratch!

26 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Out of interest, anyone know what`s happening to Upton Park? Do WHU own it and if so are they selling it for housing or something? Another nice little earner for them if so.

They own Upton park or did, they sold it to Galliard homes for between £55 -£70 millilon.

City did benefit from the commonwealth ground but paid for all development to change it to a football ground, another bullet the spanners dodged.

I can see why certain parties wanted details kept secret. Taxpayers money down drain and football club with vast income gets stadium at bargain basement rent. £2.5 mill, 99 years, that's less than £250M, and doesn't even cover the taxpayers costs in converting the stadium. And reduced rent in Championship, despite huge parachute payments? Can see some dodgy deals being unearthed here.

Archived