IGNORED

Frankie...

BS4 on Tour...

57 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Frankie won't want to sit on the bench. Proved he's a very solid keeper at League 1. He'll be off in the summer and Max will hopefully be afforded a few opportunities.

Did n't the club give him a 4 year contract at thé beginning of the season ? 

If so he might just have no choice but to stay as number 2 .

Can't see any Championship club taking a chance on him and he'd be too expensive for most League 1 clubs .

There are loads of cheap goalkeeping options out there , look at ROD , no club needs to spend a fortune on a goalkeeper when offer exceeds demand.

I believe O 'Donnell to be the better keeper but like Frankie's enthusiasm and professionnalism.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Sadly I have to admit I get that :thumbsup:

Thanks to your comment, I've had that chorus in my head all afternoon - didn't even get the link until you said :grr: <- That's me trying to get that Damn tune out of my head by the way :P

31 minutes ago, chinnock said:

He didn't get into the Team of the Year last season for nothing... A lot of fans seem to have forgotten that.

I'd feel hard done by if I was him, shame about the injury too

We also have n't seen him behind a back four .

Johnson wanted to take a look at him in the last few matches , why ? 

Fielding is an average championship keeper, same as O'Donnell. Both have their weaknesses. Not much difference between the two.

Fans have never really taken to Frankie since he's been here for some reason and get on his back far too quick. Having both here next season isn't a bad choice to have. 

4 minutes ago, Gilts said:

Fielding is an average championship keeper, same as O'Donnell. Both have their weaknesses. Not much difference between the two.

Fans have never really taken to Frankie since he's been here for some reason and get on his back far too quick. Having both here next season isn't a bad choice to have. 

First impressions, mate. Frankie's dash out of his box on his debut and gifting Nahki Wells (I think?) an open goal v Bradford, August 13. That was it. 

I'd even go as far to suggest that that one incident, less than 45 minutes into the season,  put the wind up our defence and gave them the jitters that never really went away under SO'D.

46 minutes ago, chinnock said:

He didn't get into the Team of the Year last season for nothing... A lot of fans seem to have forgotten that.

I'd feel hard done by if I was him, shame about the injury too

Unfortunately for Frankie he was beaten far too easily on too many occasions at the start of the season. 

I also think his nervousness transferred itself to the defenders in front of him making our defensive problems worse. 

Archived