IGNORED

Law changes 2016/17

Portland Bill

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10242286/new-laws-for-football

Im glad the sending off rules are changing, originally they were only brought in to stop professional fouls, nowadays the slightest foul ( even if the intent isn't there) results in a red card, which I've found ridiculous.

Also, whose going to be the first player to score an own goal direct from a kick off!!!!

Like on field treatment. Unclear if this is 'play around' or holding up the game; suspect (unfortunately) the latter. Glad for the video ref for mistaken identity too! That should solve about 1 case a leap year. 

51 minutes ago, hodge said:

What the heck can you do to be sent off before kick off?! :blink:

Dogging the ref up (I'm not referring to nocturnal dog walking), not brushing your teeth, parents grounding their sons/daughters, hissy fits, bribery, being a cock, taking liberties with the refs daughter/wife, because he said so, section 69 etc.

On 15/04/2016 at 09:34, ooRya said:

Video technology....NOOOOOOOOOO!

I hereby state that if I am ever at a City game and the referee stops the game whilst waiting for a replay of the incident, I will never go to a football match again.

But the highlights are uploaded to Sky Sports at 5:20:whistle:

I assume that we will now see one player kick offs across the board.

If the ball can be played backwards surely there is no need for a second player and the striker in most cases will just knock it back to a midfielder to get things underway.

Seems like a boring rule change but kick offs are pretty boring anyway!

On 14/04/2016 at 19:14, Fordy62 said:

Players can be sent off before the kick off? I wonder if anyone has ever done anything worthy of it?

I remember Roy Keane nearly losing it with Viera in the tunnel at Highbury back when Arsenal v Man U was a good battle, clock someone and you could be off before you were on !

Archived