IGNORED

Highlights...

cityexile

1. Great goal by Tomlin

2. Reid should have scored or at least got his shot away. He seemed to be caught in two minds about whether to draw a foul, wait for support or take a shot

3. I appreciate many will disagree, but when Kodjia was through on goal, the initial challenge was a foul and it would have  surely drawn a red card. As it was, the stumble was just enough to put him off

4. Never a penalty in a million years, justice was done

17 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

1. Great goal by Tomlin

2. Reid should have scored or at least got his shot away. He seemed to be caught in two minds about whether to draw a foul, wait for support or take a shot

3. I appreciate many will disagree, but when Kodjia was through on goal, the initial challenge was a foul and it would have  surely drawn a red card. As it was, the stumble was just enough to put him off

Why Reid doesn't ping it straight away I don't know and like you said if that's a pen I'm Bob Marley 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why Reid doesn't ping it straight away I don't know and like you said if that's a pen I'm Bob Marley 

I think Reid did the right thing, it would have to have been a tremendous tackle to stop him scoring without fouling him and that's a red card - seeing out the game against 10 men would have been a breeze

25 minutes ago, solihull cider red said:

I think Reid did the right thing, it would have to have been a tremendous tackle to stop him scoring without fouling him and that's a red card - seeing out the game against 10 men would have been a breeze

You think it's better to play for a foul that you wouldn't be guaranteed to get and a penalty you wouldn't be guaranteed to score, rather than just slotting the ball in for a two goal lead?

33 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Reid has 2 chances to slot it in before the lad gets in a good tackle.

Its odd to see Kodjia stay on his feet for once. Had he of gone down their lad would have been off I think.

Think he would of been off as well mate. but it's good to see he's catching on that diving willy nilly isn't how we want footballers to behave

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You think it's better to play for a foul that you wouldn't be guaranteed to get and a penalty you wouldn't be guaranteed to score, rather than just slotting the ball in for a two goal lead?

I'm more confident we'd have won against 10 men than if we'd gone 2-0 up

Albeit in the first half, Brentford showed us up at our place with our 10 men, as long as they don't roll round like they've been shot (or lie on the ground motionless for 5 minutes) I've got no problem with our players taking a hit when they could release the ball

1, 2 or 3 unfortunate moments shouldn't cost us 3 points - if we're serious about challenging even mid table next season we need to consistently create and take chances when we're on top in games

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Think he would of been off as well mate. but it's good to see he's catching on that diving willy nilly isn't how we want footballers to behave

it does make me angry that when a player tries to stay up 9 out of 10 times a free kick isn't given yet if they go down they will get one, this is the reason we have so many diving all the time. Having said that this must have been the 1st time Kodgia has tried to stay up. 

2 hours ago, chipdawg said:

1. Great goal by Tomlin

Absolutely, ridiculous that he wasn't even booked when if Kodjia had gone down it would have been a straight red. And they wonder why players go down at the slightest touch, punished for staying on your feet....

Baffling that Kodj didn't go down. Fair play I guess but it is frustrating when you see other teams benefit from players not being quite so "honest". 

Some pretty weak defending in places, I guess it was backs to the wall stuff, but I do like that Flint was first to the penalty rebound - great alertness. 

Whether Reid should have shot or not, that was a great challenge on him.

3 hours ago, Ian M said:

Looking forward to our own highlights so we can see the challenge on Kodjia in the box too. At the time it looked a nailed on pen, far more so than the one awarded to them.

Our highlights are there now.  The Kodjia one does look a definite penalty.  I don't believe the Reid one was.  I guess Reid is not a natural goalscorer or he would have shot long before the defender got back.

I thought there's was a weak penalty but a penalty none the less. In the context of the other ref decisions it seemed odd.

Our defending, especially first half, looked all over the place.  Flint and Baker and O'Donnell don't seem to communicate.

Archived