IGNORED

The ones that remember the dark days

kiwicolin

I remember this game (Wimbledon ). We were bottom of the 4th Division and I think the attendance was around 4,000 at the Gate. Was Jon Econimou one of the scorers?

I was also at the Somerton Park, Newport game. Mick Harford scored a belter with his knee cap.

The above info should be finished with the words I Think.....just in case I'm wrong!

That stadium was great for Speedway as was Eastville.  The Bulldogs team was really Newport in disguise but did feature my hero Phil Crump. His son Jason eventually became World Champion. The speedway at Eastville got more through the turnstiles on a Friday night than the resident first eleven football team the following day. Not I think ....I know, I think!

Even though we've spent a long time in league one and in the championship - many clubs would love to be where we are. Count your blessings!

I would've gone to watch mangotsfield if I was still in Bristol. I moved to London and never went to see a Charlton home game even when they were in the Premier.

Admittedly, I do like my lower league football. Used to watch Hereford a few times a season and I also go and watch Dartford play if I can't get back to BS3.

Archived