IGNORED

Bemmy cricket club parking?

yardy

Does anyone know the best time to get a place to park in the cricket ground?

I thought i left home in good time to get to the cricket ground in the last home game only to find it was full up, it seems some games they are allowed to park on the grass which could mean i could leave home later and other games not allowed on the grass and the car park is filled up in no time.

Its a real pain in the backside when its closed, does anyone have any helpful info?

34 minutes ago, tts_city said:

if it has not rained like today then there should be plenty of parking on the grass, when its rained they only have the hardstanding available so alot less space.

I hope this is true but i am sure there wasnt any rain previous to the last home game and no parking on the grass?

2 hours ago, yardy said:

Does anyone know the best time to get a place to park in the cricket ground?

I thought i left home in good time to get to the cricket ground in the last home game only to find it was full up, it seems some games they are allowed to park on the grass which could mean i could leave home later and other games not allowed on the grass and the car park is filled up in no time.

Its a real pain in the backside when its closed, does anyone have any helpful info?

Use JustPark.

The council made life harder for all of us by imposing parking permits around Clifton Village and the Hotwells area. Not only is it now virtually impossible to go for a drink or a meal in Clifton due to a lack of parking, but it also adds an extra fiver onto the cost of watching City

17 hours ago, Taz said:

Before someone else does....where's the Whitening Yard :whistle:

The Ship and Castle was often referred to as the Whitening Yard. Have no clue why but it could be something to do with previous uses of the area in the days when coal pits and iron works were prevalent. Have tried to ascertain more information but only came up with references to; a census entry around 1901 for a Haulier born at the Whitening Yard, Ashton Vale and a Housing application for the Whitening Yard in 1934.

But it could be just because the boozer had some white washed walls.

Have a feeling Stephen Lewis may know more going by his cryptic comment!

17 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Kids these days. :facepalm:

Happy days... or should I say nights. Many a Friday night spent in The Ship and Castle in my younger days... I was told that an outer wall still stands as it was grade 2 listed. Urban myth me thinks...

16 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Happy days... or should I say nights. Many a Friday night spent in The Ship and Castle in my younger days... I was told that an outer wall still stands as it was grade 2 listed. Urban myth me thinks...

ROADTRIP!!! (Shortest road trip ever, but still) 

Would be good if the cricket club could make people aware that parking is available on the grass, i could of left home a hour later last night which would mean a hour extra with my family.

Not sure if this would be possible but even a post on here or maybe even twitter would be very helpful.

2 hours ago, yardy said:

Would be good if the cricket club could make people aware that parking is available on the grass, i could of left home a hour later last night which would mean a hour extra with my family.

Not sure if this would be possible but even a post on here or maybe even twitter would be very helpful.

They don't give a sh1t about the fans, or communicating with them , all they think of is getting as many fivers as soon as possible then putting their poxy plastic bollards across the entrance with their over the top parking attendants standing there arms folded,with their yellow waistcoats and huge egos on, "You aint comin in!".....

4 hours ago, yardy said:

If you'd used JustPark like I suggested you could have showed up 10 minutes before kick off if you wanted.

2 hours ago, KevP said:

They don't give a sh1t about the fans, or communicating with them , all they think of is getting as many fivers as soon as possible then putting their poxy plastic bollards across the entrance with their over the top parking attendants standing there arms folded,with their yellow waistcoats and huge egos on, "You aint comin in!".....

Do you think their people are over the top? Thinking about it, you might be right. I gave that feedback when I was thrown out....

Archived